Dancing With The Sprites In The Fall Rain

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Dancing With The Sprites In The Fall Rain

Post by Boudicca »

A fabulously dry and sophisticated take on fallen leaves, wet days, and overcast autumn skies. The ozone/water of dank, a hint of mushroom musk. Overall, there is a huge resemblance to lavender but it is not lavender. As a huge wood hides its secrets from you, this blend is a morpher for sure.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dancing With The Sprites In The Fall Rain

Post by Maya »

In the bottle, this REALLY reminds me of the damp leaves note of Dies Irae mixed in with Re--God of the Sun's marigold autumnal note. It also has a touch of the bandage accord (as I call it lol) that usually becomes something beautiful and perfumey.

On my skin, it seems to hold what was in the bottle for about five minutes and then WHOA this opens up beautifully! I have been trying to describe it, but I think I'm going to have to wear this by itself to get all of it, but I'll try my best for now then update later. At first it really reminds me of the above perfumes, then it begins to shift and I get what Fabienne says by lavender but not. It has that herbal-type edge with a hint of sweetness without coming across as lavender at all. I don't get a mushroom vibe (don't know what I was expecting there), but the more it dries down the more I get what I would describe as a sweet masculine note that comes across as what I smell in fougere type fragrances, but (dare I say it?) this is even better. It's a touch sweeter (almost with the roundedness of caramel, without being caramel sweet and without the greenness that can come with caramel notes), it's not as dry as I expected either. It has a touch of aquatic as it dries down that resolves away but that feels like it's providing a backbone for the fougere-esque vibe. And that vibe is goooorgeous! This is like the best fougere without tipping over into too spicy and darkly astringent as some of those can go.

This feels like it has a masculine edge, but is beautiful for women as well. This doesn't remind me so much of damp leaves so much, because it is more dry than that (although this doesn't come across as wrung out dry by any stretch), but it definitely pairs beautifully with today's autumny gray rain and the pop of yellow, red, and orange leaves. This one makes me *very* glad I got it (and I have a feeling this one is going to get even more fantastic as it ages). This one has kept me sniffing and sniffing (nose glued to wrist, pretty much) in an effort to get all of the nuances. It's mmmmmm good.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Maya wrote:In the bottle, this REALLY reminds me of the damp leaves note of Dies Irae mixed in with Re--God of the Sun's marigold autumnal note. It also has a touch of the bandage accord (as I call it lol) that usually becomes something beautiful and perfumey.

On my skin, it seems to hold what was in the bottle for about five minutes and then WHOA this opens up beautifully! I have been trying to describe it, but I think I'm going to have to wear this by itself to get all of it, but I'll try my best for now then update later. At first it really reminds me of the above perfumes, then it begins to shift and I get what Fabienne says by lavender but not. It has that herbal-type edge with a hint of sweetness without coming across as lavender at all. I don't get a mushroom vibe (don't know what I was expecting there), but the more it dries down the more I get what I would describe as a sweet masculine note that comes across as what I smell in fougere type fragrances, but (dare I say it?) this is even better. It's a touch sweeter (almost with the roundedness of caramel, without being caramel sweet and without the greenness that can come with caramel notes), it's not as dry as I expected either. It has a touch of aquatic as it dries down that resolves away but that feels like it's providing a backbone for the fougere-esque vibe. And that vibe is goooorgeous! This is like the best fougere without tipping over into too spicy and darkly astringent as some of those can go.

This feels like it has a masculine edge, but is beautiful for women as well. This doesn't remind me so much of damp leaves so much, because it is more dry than that (although this doesn't come across as wrung out dry by any stretch), but it definitely pairs beautifully with today's autumny gray rain and the pop of yellow, red, and orange leaves. This one makes me *very* glad I got it (and I have a feeling this one is going to get even more fantastic as it ages). This one has kept me sniffing and sniffing (nose glued to wrist, pretty much) in an effort to get all of the nuances. It's mmmmmm good.

If this is like a Fall version of Dies Irae, I'm in! :pom:
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

This is lovely and atmospheric - I absolutely get the leaves and wood and something aquatic, but with nice solid base. It does seem to fade fairly fast, becoming a skin scent within a couple of hours, but I'm happy to reapply. Perfect for autumn and cool, rainy days.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

in the vial- bitter dry leaves, the same opening note of Dies Irae. Woah! On inital application I think I get the mushroom musk as a sharp weird earthiness. Then there is the aquatic, sharp and kind of soapy. Huh this is a really weird one on me. This stays soapy on me but also I continue to get the mushroom musk. Such an odd combo. Not my thing personally but I am glad to have tried it.