Kelpie

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Kelpie

Post by Boudicca » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Patchouli, apples, peaches, pumpkin, there is nothing about this blend which doesn't say Autumn. Rich and sharp at first, this one snuggles down to a purr on your skin. It is very long lasting and perfect for a walk outdoors or a snuggle around the fire with your honey and a cup of mulled wine. Fruity and spicy at the same time, resinous. Wonderful

A kelpie is a Scottish water sprite which can be a beautiful white horse or a man or woman who beguiles their victim. They are hitchhikers or people who appear to be in distress. When their mark stops to help them, they turn on them and strangle them. The horses grab the victim's clothes in their teeth and run into water to drown their victims.

The Image is The Sea Monster by the incomperable Albrecht Durer
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Kelpie

Post by mina » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:37 am

Boudicca wrote: there is nothing about this blend which doesn't say Autumn. Rich and sharp at first, this one snuggles down to a purr on your skin.
Bright and crispy apples, a wave of peaches and after a moment it snuggles into pumpkin, a light patchouli with a hint of apples and peach.
Very autumnal, very very long lasting.

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 am

This is a beautiful scent. A bright scent for the fall. Don't be afraid of the patchouli, it is there but it is blended so nice with all the other scents that it does not stand out.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 pm

jackieo wrote:This is a beautiful scent. A bright scent for the fall. Don't be afraid of the patchouli, it is there but it is blended so nice with all the other scents that it does not stand out.

LOL, the patchouli never frightens me, my skin LURVES it. It's the fruit I worry about. Apple is great, but other fruits and my skin tend to be less...friendly. Though I have three stars next to this one as it sounds like it might be one I'd love. Is it like Autumn (Vivaldi) from last year? The notes of this one made me think of it when I read them.

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:31 pm

In the vial I get pumpkins and apples. In the wet phase the apples become abit stronger and occassionally I think i get a nice bright peach but I mostly just smell pumpkin and on the dry down it just stays pumpkin on me. Darn. I was hopping for a fruity patchouli similar to Bacchante but sadly I don't think this is it.
Atropos wrote: LOL, the patchouli never frightens me, my skin LURVES it. It's the fruit I worry about. Apple is great, but other fruits and my skin tend to be less...friendly. Though I have three stars next to this one as it sounds like it might be one I'd love. Is it like Autumn (Vivaldi) from last year? The notes of this one made me think of it when I read them.
Personally I would say it is nothing like Autumn, that has a beautifully creamy carnation with a spicey quality. Even if the pumpkin didn't amp on my skin I would say this is too fruity to be comparable.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:21 pm

thanks, sweeetie! :hug: