Manticore

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Manticore

Post by Boudicca »

Lush blooming last roses of summer (pink and antique, classic with a touch of lemon) and dark cedar from the depths of the swamp, essence of cypress "knees", gloomy grey musk, a cob-webby essence I mix up which gives it a dank/lightly aquatic/ clean yet dark slick edge, finally I add a thick black aged Madagascar vanilla (not too much).

Manticores are ancient Greek inventions which are much like the more Western European griffins. Bodies of lions, heads of eagles or angels, bat wings and large stingers. These are vengeful easily angered beasts which flit about but yet strut to be admired thought they are so odd a hybrid. There was something ultra compelling about a manticore, perhaps it was their call, that humans had a very hard time resisting going to one once they heard its song, and thus were lured to their death.

A dangerous perfume with dangerous ingredients.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Manticore

Post by Atropos »

No reviews??? :cry:
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

roses don't often work on me but I was just so curious about the other notes in this. In the vial I definitely get roses and something "dark". On me in the wet stage the roses shift around a lot I do get the sense that there are a few different varieties. As it dries I definitely get the cedar, it is really quite strong and I think maybe I get the cypress but not much else. Cedar also sometimes amps so I think this is what is happening to me. Hmm sadly I think this is a no-go for me but I bet it would be awesome on someone else.

Edit: Haha,this why I should wait a few hours before giving reviews. After a while this mellows and the cedar calms down it is still there but it is better mingled with the other notes. I can't really pick them apart anymore but if I had to describe this I would say woody, vaguely sweet (but not in a foody way) with a sort of..airy quality? I definitely get imagery of standing near a heavily wooded swamp. I dont get the roses on my skin anymore but they are on my sweater (I usually apply scents on my inner elbow or forearm, I find they last longer). It is a heavy scent, not fit for summer but definitely good for fall. I may have to keep my decant afterall...
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Okay this sounds like a winner for me!