Redcap

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Redcap

Post by Boudicca »

Macintosh and perfumed Pink Lady apples, Bartlett pear, cling peach, and Indian sweet patchouli dance about madly in this rendition of the Scottish dwarf who murders people for the fun of it. Redcaps are called that because they murder innocent travellers and dye their hats in the victim's blood. They must continue to dispatch humans and dip their hats in the blood for if the hat dries out, the Redcap will die himself!

This one is a Perfect autumn fruit filled perfume, a real go-to whether the days are bright and warmish or overcast and morose. There is something Scottish indeed about this great perfume oil and I like its lingering on a thick sweater or in the covers. Very sexy and bright.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Redcap

Post by katiushka »

In the beginning, this has an almost bubble gum-like aspect from the light, sweet, happy apples and pears.

A few minutes in, I start getting some "spices" - not your classic Christmas or apple pie spices, but something that gives the sweetness a bit of a kick and lends the scent a darker character. I think it's the patchouli. This is the redcap showing his feistiness! This kick lasts through the rest of the day, making the scent more sinister and interesting than your average mulled-spices fragrance.

Longevity is amazing! I could still smell remnants of it twelve hours later. For a scent that's not in-your-face and has a bit of ethereal character to it, that's something alright.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

In the bottle: apples (green with a faint touch of red), a faint grit underneath, and what I'm thinking may be the bubblegum noted above is the peach with the touch of pear. Every time I sniff this one it makes me sneeze. I hope it doesn't do so when I'm wearing it. :-D I will admit that there's something underneath that may be a bit of the patchouli and something else that comes across as fake peachy/cranberry (like I stepped into a shop that has a BUNCH of fruity air fresheners lying around and it's all mingling together). I'm a bit nervous, but I know some of these insistent perfumes can morph beautifully on the skin. *Crossing fingers

On my skin: Well, that's hopeful. The perfume fruity note begins to resolve into an apple note (the perfumed pink lady, perhaps?), but this is a very strong fruity perfume that my nose is still working through at this point and feels a bit confused. The patchouli seems to be sifting through to the bottom to provide a base that roughs this up a bit, which is good for balance. I am also getting a fruity/soapy note, and I'm not sure if it's just because my nose seems so confused or if it's because I need to let this rest and focus on it only some day.

Make no mistake, this is a very fruity perfume. It has an astringent side though too.

I don't know if it's my skin chemistry, but there is something about this one that is affecting me. Since trying this one (I have been spacing them all out throughout the day), my skin has gotten flushed, I keep sneezing, and it is sickly cloying on my skin and has gone into Glade plug in category for me. It may be my skin amping notes in a horrible way, but this reeks of artificial fruit on me. And I have much sads over this. I really wanted this one to work, but somehow most apple perfumes seem to hate me and go into air freshener/fake fruit/ick getitoffgetitoff territory for me.

:cry:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

In the vial with a sweet with a perfumey, kind of reminds me of cootie at some point . From It I basically just get "perfumey fruit". It is nice, but maybe not my thing. I was hoping for more patchouli. I will come back to it again and see if aging helps at all.