Sasquatch

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Sasquatch

Post by Boudicca »

One forumite threw down the challenge to me to come up with the Sasquatch fragrance, a creature known for its trailing effluvia. Well, I will see you and raise you.

This is a powerful animalic with a soft green and outdoor side. Civet and a very civity musk (black and exceptionally earthy/animal) are blended with a fir like green note and a thick green leaf-like note, then there is a tiny drop of a clean musk in the background. Finally, a civet-like honey note which I have been saving for the right time. The sasquatch is after you, my dear. He has cleaned up his act and wants to really be your honey.

This one is not for the faint of heart or weak of will, it is real animalic and unashamed of it.

The image is really William Blake's Ghost of a Flea, but it makes such a wonderful big foot.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Sasquatch

Post by marisaviola »

Sasquatch is unique, and I am liking it a lot--it has animalic aspects, but true to the description, it's in more of an outdoors and green and rich earthy type of way than pure animal fragrance--I smell the fir but it does not predominate, I smell the green and the honey which combine to give it a sharp and green aspect, but the honey mellows it and it's not too in-your-face, just very clear. Anchoring it must be the black musk that is mentioned in the description which gives it warmth and gives it great lasting power. I've had mine on all morning and it has lasted longer than all the other fragrances I've tried. I think it's a great rendition of that mythical creature, who spans several dimensions but seems very nature and earth-based. I find it very wearable and yet unlike anything I've tried before, and while I was not sure when I smelled it wet in the vial, once I put it on and let it sit, I am really loving how it feels and smells. A film I saw that I loved that seemed to capture this magical creature is called "Letters from the Big Man" (2011).
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/letters ... e_big_man/

Thank you to both the forum member who suggested this and to Fabienne's perfumery skill in taking up the challenge!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

WEEEEEEOOOOO, this is comically bad on me. It smelled promising in the vial, but on my skin, bleurrrgh. I smelled like I'd been living rough for months. Let's be frank...I smelled like stinky damp towels and poop. I guess that's me and civet sorted!
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

Oh my goodness, I absolutely LOVE this. It isn't actually animalic on my skin at all at - rather, it's fresh and green, like taking a walk in the woods on a cool day, with a hint of honeyed sweetness in the background. It's quite clean to my nose, with very little muskiness and no hint of anything funky at all. I will enjoy wearing this one all year round.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

huh from the vial all I can really detect is sweet honey note and a touch of "green". On me I immediately get the musky animal notes and as it dries I get more of the fir note. Something about this also reminds me a touch of leather… And there is an underlying skunkiness that actually is kind of pleasant in a weird way... On the complete dry down this is a touch sweeter and more pretty than I expected. huh. very odd.