St. Expedite

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

St. Expedite

Post by Boudicca »

Sweet sweet candy corn, the kind that you get in places like William Sonoma as well as the kind you get in the grocery store. Add a tiny amount of coconut, and a grain of coriander. Foody perfume at its best. The nicest thing in the candy bag from trick or treat.

St. Expedite is a somewhat famous and mysterious figure in New Orleans. He appears to be like the Christian centurion, his statue was found in a warehouse with instructions to deliver it to the Cathedral of St. Louis. All that was marking the box in which he was delivered was "St. Expedite". Thinking that the Vatican had just created a new saint and that his statue should be venerated, the sculpture was displayed in St. Louis and is to this day. Of course there is no St. Expedite on any list of proper hagiography and so we have a delightful conundrum which you can still visit today in The City That Care Forgot. There are pockets of worshippers who pray to St. Expedite around the world, and there is a sketchy Wikipedia article, and it appears that St. Expedite is more of a santoria figure than a Catholic one.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: St. Expedite

Post by stellamaris »

:frolic: St. Expedite, where have you been all my life????
All those foodie candy perfumes that have been almost perfect, and then you show up and put them to shame...
This. This is glorious. Even though it's super sweet it's not like wearing a bag of candy or having a Yankee Candle air freshner hanging off your neck, it's still a lovely perfume. Lovely. Get some. Have it expedited.

:hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

stellamaris wrote::frolic: St. Expedite, where have you been all my life????
All those foodie candy perfumes that have been almost perfect, and then you show up and put them to shame...
This. This is glorious. Even though it's super sweet it's not like wearing a bag of candy or having a Yankee Candle air freshner hanging off your neck, it's still a lovely perfume. Lovely. Get some. Have it expedited.

Is there a perfume here that you could liken it to? I'm reaaaalllllly tempted by this, but the coriander is making me pause. Does it lean more toward Big Black Cat or more like Iowa (although those can be somewhat similar to some noses, but I see Iowa as a bit more dry) or something else?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

You know, I don't have either of those, and although it is not "like" these, I think of Howl, or maybe Arrival of the Queen of Sheba in the mindset of this perfume, it is very velvety and rich. I hope that helps?
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Maya wrote:
stellamaris wrote::frolic: St. Expedite, where have you been all my life????

Is there a perfume here that you could liken it to? I'm reaaaalllllly tempted by this, but the coriander is making me pause. Does it lean more toward Big Black Cat or more like Iowa (although those can be somewhat similar to some noses, but I see Iowa as a bit more dry) or something else?

Hm, I put this one on my "get" list. I don't usually do foody, but I LOVE candycorn and coriander. And I absolutely adore Howl! So if this is like Howl and the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba (both of which I own, this maybe one for me. Any one else have a take on it?