The Flirty She-Corpse

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

The Flirty She-Corpse

Post by Boudicca »

Italian bergamot, Georgia white peach, sambac jasmine, French oakmoss, and American cedar wood marry together in this rich and beautiful surprise combinations. I never thought I would like something as aromatic as cedar wood combined with a foody item like peach but the result is breathtaking.

The name comes from a painting I saw briefly in the Netherlands, it's the dead rising up on the Day of Judgment and one of them is a woman who thinks she is still sexy, but she is very wrong. She is doing the Medieval version of "duck face" and it's pretty sad and funny at the same time.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Flirty She-Corpse

Post by Maya »

In the bottle: herbs, cedar, what comes across as ginger (where did that come from?), and a touch of something from my perfume memory that I can't quite put my finger on. This is not what I expected (I think I expected something softer, but this is more bracing).

On my skin: Ooooh! That's a surprise. The bergamot opens this beautifully! Also, the notes are MUCH softer on the skin than in the bottle. I get the oakmoss and the cedar, but MUCH softer than expected (the oakmoss is beeeaauuuuteeeful!), and waaaay down on the bottom the jasmine says hello.

As it dries: This has a tinge of old school perfume. Classic, very very classic. The bergamot plays beautifully with the oakmoss, and the jasmine sweetens and softens the whole (I'm not getting much peach, but it could also be that making this come across as a sweet balance to the oakmoss). The cedar is waaaaay down on the bottom, providing a gorgeous base to lay this on. This is tres chic, and utterly stripped down to the bone classic perfume with a twist.

As it dries further: Ohhh there you are peach. Peach laid out in the sun and left to dry, but not quite yet fruit leather. It is really fantastic with the creaminess of the jasmine (a non stinky jasmine--so far, knock on wood). The cedar keeps holding steady, blending beautifully with the other notes, and the oakmoss just knocks this out of the ballpark. This plays like a dry chypre, but the soft edge of the peach and jasmine lift it and make it, well, flirty. This is glam cocktials of the 80's, with a touch of Chanel class (and old school) thrown in. It is utterly cool, calm, collected femme with a naughty side. And wow if she didn't make me just love all of her sharp edges and soft secrets.

In the final drydown, it softens considerably with the cedar becoming dominant and the other notes slinking around in the background with occasional sashays into the foreground, except for the jasmine which appears to have left the party in someone's candy-apple-red Ferrari.

You don't need much when you wear this one, but when you do wear it you definitely make a statement!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

This perfume also to me smells very classic--I would echo what Maya said. I loved the bergamot combined with the flowers in it, and it almost reminded me of an Annick Goutal type fragrance. For me the peach was not strong, but I could smell some of the wood and the oakmoss. The fragrance unfortunately does not last on me, it seems to fade quickly, but it's so beautiful both in the vial and on my skin, while it lasts.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

I am being brave an trying something with a floral note!

In the vial this is very citrusy with a fair bit of jasmine too. Upon application this goes rather chypre-like on me and then gradually the cedar starts to dominate but there is something else with it that keeps it from going full-blown cedar chest on me. On the full dry down hmm this is kind of too sharp on me and somewhat headache inducing which I think is probably the jasmine. Sadly I think this will probably have to be a no for me.