Xuong Cuong (Vietnamese Tree Spirit)

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Xuong Cuong (Vietnamese Tree Spirit)

Post by Boudicca »

A cold green leaf bats against a ghost wood, a lash of green chlorophyll and crystal musk, a bit of luan wood, and a soft ambient earth scent (but a lightweight earth not a heavy wet soil). Finished off with a great portion of sandalwood and yuzu, the latter adds an air of almost black walnut and nutwood-like nuance to the whole.

The fable is that there was a gigantic tree which was miles across and all sorts of creatures made their homes in and around it. It was iconic but, as time went on, the tree went into the inevitable decline as all things do. It gradually went from being benevolent to malicious and finally was driven away only to return and prey on at least one victim of human sacrifice a year.

Cold, green, woody, calming with a good shot of citrus.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Re: Xuong Cuong (Vietnamese Tree Spirit)

Post by Zahira »

In the bottle, this is very juicy yuzu, with a hint of greenery. This is a very summery/springy scent. On my skin it is primarily yuzu, with the creamy soft sandalwood/luan wood combo. Bright citrus with hints of woodsy earthiness. I like this alot, it's fresh, clean, and musky. Lasts a long time too, hours later I can smell hints of an earthy citrus heaven.
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

Oh, I love this! It's perfect for the antipodean Halloween season, where we're moving into warmer weather rather than cold. It's so refreshing and light, equal parts fruity and plant-like green. The yuzu and crystal musk really sing as it dries. This will get a LOT of wear in the coming months.
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

in the vial and on initial application this is very green and fruity. As it dries it is a very clean fresh scent, This is quite the morpher on me, in the end I get something mostly fruity, a touch green within an underlying woodiness. Very nice!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

I had to get this because of the name- of course I need a Vietnamese tree spirit here in Hanoi!

There is an unusual note in here that I just can't pinpoint and have been wearing this on and off for a week to try to place it. It might be the chlorophyll. The most prominent note is the yuzu and it lasts so long for a citrus! The wood and musk are very light, definitely background for the yazu and the green. It is a light, pleasant and refreshing perfume which is also long lasting. I keep huffing not only because it is pretty, but I cannot place that elusive note. Ah, that haunting tree spirit!