Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire

Post by Boudicca »

Georgiana was a woman who swashbuckled her way through life in grand 18th century style. Married at 17 then embarking on a string of lovers, children, debts, and fashion she had a life of which most women could only dream. Her Gainsborough picture in that marvelous hat, coined the term "picture hat" for the rest of time. She died at 48 and left debts amounting to more than $3 million!

A 100% Natural starring the incomparable Possets' lavender. This time it is paired with a fabulous sandalwood which would make a pasha swoon.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
SakuraTsukikage

Re: Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire

Post by SakuraTsukikage »

This is a simple and yet very lovely lavender sandalwood blend. The lavender is stronger than the sandalwood on me for its entire wear-length, but there is that soft woodiness underlying it and giving it a deeper feeling--without it necessarily being dark at all. The lavender is a rather soft and floral version of it. As it wears the lavender becomes quite a bit sweeter. Unfortunately, at first on me the sandalwood has a tinge of sourness to it in how it blends with the lavender, which will probably prevent me from buying a bottle of this. It's lovely and soothing, though, and on me lasted about three hours.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire

Post by katiushka »

I echo the above - simple yet lovely. It starts off with a grounded lavender and, in a few hours, dries down to a skin-scent sandalwood. The beginning few hours are very similar to Lavender Girl. For that reason, I will *probably* forego a bottle (key word: probably), since I do have Lavender Girl. However, if you missed out / are running low on LG, I highly recommend Georgiana as an even better alternative.