Review Requests and Random Stuff

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Maya »

This is the space to bring your questions, comments, and concerns about the Yule 2015 release, and to beg for just one more review of that one perfect perfume you just have to have. It's the season for celebrating, for comfort, for coziness, and for allowing ourselves the quiet moments to rest and recharge. Be kind to you, and know that you smell amazing!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by marisaviola »

Hi, is anyone doing a circle with decants this year? The Yules look wonderful--I want way too many!

Thank you, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

The first two that I ordered are Judith Leyster Self Portrait & Madame X 3 (To the 3rd Power). I can't wait to try them. :frolic:
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

marisaviola wrote:Hi, is anyone doing a circle with decants this year? The Yules look wonderful--I want way too many!
Angi, the usual circle organizer, won't be doing one this year :frown: So unless anyone else wants to take up that gauntlet, I will have to narrow down my list to just one or two!
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I just posted my early impressions of Horhus, Repose, Empress Cixi, Frida Kahlo, and Winter (Mucha). They're all remarkable, and I'm really pleased with my choices!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine »

Like we didn't all know already how valuable Ajevie is... that girl should incorporate as a 501c3 for her charitable work sampling perfumes for us all! I did end up blind-buying 5 that I'll be reviewing over the next few days - Lady and a Baby Unicorn, All the Sweets, Winter (Mucha), Chypre d'Hiver and Girl in White, so if you're interested in any of those, keep an eye out.

AND. If you purchased a Yule scent and are waffling on writing a review, please, please write one! Even if you don't feel like you're good at reviewing, rest assured that anything you share will be welcome and helpful to those making blind purchases this time around! :)
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, gosh, so happy to see the reviews coming in...wait...we have two coffees this year or am I hallucinating??? Moonbux AND Burning Christmas Tree??? GAH!!!
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

You're wonderful, Minh, you always make me smile! :-)

I got my package yesterday, so I have just posted my review of Winter(Mucha)--love it! I also will do a review of Chypre d'Hiver and Frida Kahlo as soon as possible.

So happy the reviews are coming in! I am looking forward to yours, Celandine! I agree also about Ajevie, we miss her, but I hope that she is having a beautiful and restful Christmas break.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Well, Marisaviola, just read your review of Winter (Mucha) and looks like I "have" to have it! The description of the violet and lavender has me ready to jump on it!! Could it possibly be as amazing as Summer (Mucha)???? And is there a Spring and Autumn Mucha in our future???? :heartrise:
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

thank you for whomever compared girl in white to diamond. i am thinking that girl in white is the perfume love child between putti riot and diamond. i have SO MANY amazing grapefruit possets, but still couldn't resist ordering a sample of this one.

if anyone is able to compare frog princess with seascape, I'd love to read your thoughts. I'm also curious about Georgiana, Duchess of Devonshire, but funds prevented me from ordering a sample of this. did anyone give this a try?

happy holidays to you all!