Review Requests and Random Stuff

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by fabienne »

Sorry, sweetie, Cambienne: Nocturnal is sold out. :cry:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

WHAT???!!! (Just kidding!)

Last time I looked it was there, but I thought you had said it was sold out a while back--but then it seemed to be there when I looked recently--oh, well! Next time!
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

I've been trying for days to post reviews for my yule samples, but the forum site keeps on deleting them instead of uploading them. A really beautiful one on Winter that I just don't feel like thumb typing again.

Anyone else have issues on their phones, or is it just me and my stupid android? Am I blocked?
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

Annemathematics wrote:I've been trying for days to post reviews for my yule samples, but the forum site keeps on deleting them instead of uploading them. A really beautiful one on Winter that I just don't feel like thumb typing again.

Anyone else have issues on their phones, or is it just me and my stupid android? Am I blocked?
Well that uploaded!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Annemathematics wrote:I've been trying for days to post reviews for my yule samples, but the forum site keeps on deleting them instead of uploading them. A really beautiful one on Winter that I just don't feel like thumb typing again.

Oh darn, Anne, I hate missing your reviews!!! I have had similar problems with uploading, but not recently.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

You are not blocked. I don't know what the problem is. Never heard that happen before but there is always a first time. If it keeps on happening, I can have my forum nerd look at it.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

Could anyone review Thorns and All? I have already ordered a full bottle because I'm pretty sure I will love it, but I'd love to hear someone's thoughts if they already have it.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

It was pointed out on the BPAL forum, no one has reviewed Madam Xsquared. Anyone? There doesn't seem to be a thread for that.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

Hi, Minh, I meant to add to my previous post as I did get a sample of Madame X Squared (but not to the 3rd power):

Madame X Squared: In the vial I smell a creamy musk and something added that reminds me of two different famous Possets: Courtly Love and also Haiku--Fangping Gauze Screen, both of which I love. Putting it on I would echo the description that it's very light but lingering. It's soft and not in your face but it does not fade quickly on me. I can smell a soft cloud around me just from putting it on my wrist. The ginger to me is very present, a fresh ginger smell rather than a spice or bakery type note--what is a touch of peach and some osmanthus in Gauze Screen and light apricot and jasmine in Courtly Love seems to be ginger and a golden type floral note--I don't know what sunflower pollen is supposed to smell like but this is not what I think of as a strong honey note, though it could be a honeyed floral. It's not like gardenia or mimosa or linden and not very floral, but just a touch. I'm getting that golden or yellow flower scent rather than lemon. This definitely is a beautiful spring or summer blend and would do very well, I think, in warmer weather. It's light and ethereal without being watery or faint.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Apollonia wrote:Could anyone review Thorns and All? I have already ordered a full bottle because I'm pretty sure I will love it, but I'd love to hear someone's thoughts if they already have it.

I was curious about this one myself. I can't wait for your review!