Review Requests and Random Stuff

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by warriortwo »

Cracked open my SECOND Yules order (!) and once again, over the moon. Super glad I trusted my gut and bought a bottle of Empress Cixi, gorgeous! Chypre d'Hiver is indeed exactly what I hoped Yule Romp would be (tips hat to Katiushka!), bright orange and evergreen, and a rare citrus that does not come off as a sharp or perfumey. And Osmium! Another style of perfume that I would not usually go for, quite perfumey, that seems to work on me. It's what I put on right out of the envelope. It's surprisingly pretty. Looking forward to doing a proper review of this! Plus a bunch of others previously reviewed. Kicking myself for not picking up Peppermint Pig, now that it's getting favorable reviews. I suppose it's not too late for ONE MORE ORDER :lol:
MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta »

Atropos wrote:Great reviews Mage Locusta! I can't wait to see your takes on the other two! :hug:
Thanks so much Atropos! I know it's super-long but I just got so excited! I'll later retest them and put the reviews on their supposed threads! :hug:
MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta »

warriortwo wrote:Cracked open my SECOND Yules order (!) and once again, over the moon. Super glad I trusted my gut and bought a bottle of Empress Cixi, gorgeous! Chypre d'Hiver is indeed exactly what I hoped Yule Romp would be (tips hat to Katiushka!), bright orange and evergreen, and a rare citrus that does not come off as a sharp or perfumey. And Osmium! Another style of perfume that I would not usually go for, quite perfumey, that seems to work on me. It's what I put on right out of the envelope. It's surprisingly pretty. Looking forward to doing a proper review of this! Plus a bunch of others previously reviewed. Kicking myself for not picking up Peppermint Pig, now that it's getting favorable reviews. I suppose it's not too late for ONE MORE ORDER :lol:
Oh MAN, I have been so curious about Osmium! Can you give out some more description on what's it like? Because seeing all these Yules is making me feel like:

EDIT: Whoops! I just found that you already made a more in-depth review in the other thread! Never mind!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

MageLocusta wrote:
warriortwo wrote:Cracked open my SECOND Yules order (!) and once again, over the moon. Super glad I trusted my gut and bought a bottle of Empress Cixi, gorgeous! Chypre d'Hiver is indeed exactly what I hoped Yule Romp would be (tips hat to Katiushka!), bright orange and evergreen, and a rare citrus that does not come off as a sharp or perfumey. And Osmium! Another style of perfume that I would not usually go for, quite perfumey, that seems to work on me. It's what I put on right out of the envelope. It's surprisingly pretty. Looking forward to doing a proper review of this! Plus a bunch of others previously reviewed. Kicking myself for not picking up Peppermint Pig, now that it's getting favorable reviews. I suppose it's not too late for ONE MORE ORDER :lol:
Oh MAN, I have been so curious about Osmium! Can you give out some more description on what's it like? Because seeing all these Yules is making me feel like:

EDIT: Whoops! I just found that you already made a more in-depth review in the other thread! Never mind!

Love that meme, I feel like that too! I just put in an order for more samples! WOOT!!!! :frolic:
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

Oh no, I left my Yule sample order too late and missed out on Lady and a Baby Unicorn! Oh well, I think between the samples and the 4 bottles I've ordered I have pretty much got the entire Yule catalogue covered...
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Minh Scent wrote: Ah, lovely Katiushka, you never need a bag over your head, my dear! I have been following your reviews since I joined the forum and your comments are always helpful. For most of collections, I don't have the chance to smell them before they go down. I vote on notes and reviews. Chyphre d'Hiver sounds amazing. Yule Romp has my alley with the first and orange.
Thank you, Minh Scent - that is so sweet! :hug: I'm really glad my reviews are helpful.

Regarding Yule Romp - the more I wear it, the more I like it. It definitely deserves its place in the sun. It fits the really hard niche of a "bright" Yule citrus scent, while still retaining the character of the season and without veering into summer territory. Most Yule citrus scents are deep and resinous / dark-ish, like Pachelbel's Canon from last year (orange + sandalwood). I love them, but sometimes you just want a citrus that is bright and happy, but which still reminds you of Christmas and not of summer. Yule Romp is the only scent I own that fits that bill. So even though it's not what I thought it would be and I'm not getting any fir, I am finally appreciating it for what it is :D Christmas clementines by candlelight :heartrise:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I finally placed my order and I am so excited. I think I got a nice range of the fragrances, but even then I had to whimper when I cut my list. Such a beautiful beautiful release (based on the notes). I can't wait to get some of these on my skiiiiin! Eeeeeeee! :frolic:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I did some quickie reviews this morning. I hope they help anyone who is still undecided! I have two more to get up (Silver Oude & Frida) but need to retest those tomorrow.

'Winter (Mucha)' is my big surprise of this collection; it's really incredible. None of the scents I chose were what I thought they would be so I am having a huge amount of fun trying everything. :frolic:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Gemma wrote:I did some quickie reviews this morning. I hope they help anyone who is still undecided! I have two more to get up (Silver Oude & Frida) but need to retest those tomorrow.

'Winter (Mucha)' is my big surprise of this collection; it's really incredible. None of the scents I chose were what I thought they would be so I am having a huge amount of fun trying everything. :frolic:

Thanks for that! I need to do some reviews, but I can't stop wearing The Burning X mas Tree!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Maya wrote:I finally placed my order and I am so excited. I think I got a nice range of the fragrances, but even then I had to whimper when I cut my list. Such a beautiful beautiful release (based on the notes). I can't wait to get some of these on my skiiiiin! Eeeeeeee! :frolic:
Looking forward to some reviews from you! What did you get?
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds