Review Requests and Random Stuff

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:
Maya wrote:What did you get?
Dirty Angel (I fought myself on that one, but finally decided to grab it, even though it edged out a few others that I really wanted)
Moonbux
The Burning XMas Tree
Empress Cixi
Osmium
Nell Gwyn
Emine
Winter (Mucha)

I figured those would be a nice rounded collection to get from this, although it was painful to not add a few more to it. I had a couple that kept trying to edge past a few of these. I finally had to stop playing "Add to Carte/Delete from Cart," close my eyes, and hit order.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Maya wrote:
Boudicca wrote:
Maya wrote:What did you get?
Dirty Angel (I fought myself on that one, but finally decided to grab it, even though it edged out a few others that I really wanted)
Moonbux
The Burning XMas Tree
Empress Cixi
Osmium
Nell Gwyn
Emine
Winter (Mucha)

I figured those would be a nice rounded collection to get from this, although it was painful to not add a few more to it. I had a couple that kept trying to edge past a few of these. I finally had to stop playing "Add to Carte/Delete from Cart," close my eyes, and hit order.

Nice round choices! I too have played the "cart" game! :hug:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

GAH! I am making my "short list" and have 8 names on it! I wanted to only get two scents per any collection, so to have a more sane sized amount of perfume. I don;t need TWO more coffee scents, do I (I see that didn't stop you, Maya///or is that Boudicca?)!?! The only one that is not going to get away for sure is Chypre d'Hiver, but the poor thing certainly can't travel by its lonesome. And some one tell me I don't need more roses...as a gardener, I was riveted to the rose discussion on the other thread! My osmanthus is blooming, so I should go stick my nose it it to focus.
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

Well the carnation in Frida is lovely if you don't want another rose...
-evil laughter-
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Minh Scent wrote:I don;t need TWO more coffee scents, do I (I see that didn't stop you, Maya///or is that Boudicca?)!?!
Whaaaaaaa?!?! I may or may not resemble this remark.

*shifty eyes
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Minh Scent wrote:GAH! I am making my "short list" and have 8 names on it! I wanted to only get two scents per any collection, so to have a more sane sized amount of perfume. I don;t need TWO more coffee scents, do I (I see that didn't stop you, Maya///or is that Boudicca?)!?! The only one that is not going to get away for sure is Chypre d'Hiver, but the poor thing certainly can't travel by its lonesome. And some one tell me I don't need more roses...as a gardener, I was riveted to the rose discussion on the other thread! My osmanthus is blooming, so I should go stick my nose it it to focus.

Well if anyone would like to trade Moonbux for something else, say Damned Souis or Mona Lisa, or Osmium, or Frida. IF you want more coffee...but not TWO full bottles of coffee scent. :rofl:
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

We're gearing up in my area for the big winter storm front that is supposed to impact the south, midwestern and eastern Atlantic coastline of the U.S. North Carolina has been declared in a state of emergency by our governor. So in the general frenzy and craziness out there of preparation that has pervaded, two days in a row I found myself grabbing Chypre d'Hiver and liberally applying it before I left the house. It is marvelous! I find it soothing and also going out into the cold it develops so beautifully. I was surprised that this time around it's been lasting more than a few hours on me, and even now hours later I have a faint slightly spicy drydown on my wrists. I put it on all the pulse points and also if I have a little left on my fingers I smooth the last of it in the very tips of my hair. I'm considering getting a second bottle before Yule ends as I have been generous with gifting people decants and I'm about 1/3 through my bottle.

I appreciate any good thoughts and any prayers sent our way that we will not get freezing rain here on Friday. Snow is fine, but please no large amounts of freezing rain and ice. I am praying it does not develop into the ice storm that the models show it could be. I went through that in 2002 and we lost power on my road for close to a week and it was so cold.

Take care, everyone!
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I hope everyone in the storm zone is doing okay! :hrt::

I just placed an order for a bottle of Winter (Mucha). I'm so surprised that this is my big win but I just adore it!! It's so lovely when fresh and on the dry down, and it lasts foreeeeeever. Seriously, I applied some on Friday evening and I could still smell it on me last night!

I also threw in a sample pack since there are so many lovely permanents that I have not yet tried. :pom:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

marisaviola wrote:We're gearing up in my area for the big winter storm front that is supposed to impact the south, midwestern and eastern Atlantic coastline of the U.S. North Carolina has been declared in a state of emergency by our governor. So in the general frenzy and craziness out there of preparation that has pervaded, two days in a row I found myself grabbing Chypre d'Hiver and liberally applying it before I left the house. It is marvelous! I find it soothing and also going out into the cold it develops so beautifully. I was surprised that this time around it's been lasting more than a few hours on me, and even now hours later I have a faint slightly spicy drydown on my wrists. I put it on all the pulse points and also if I have a little left on my fingers I smooth the last of it in the very tips of my hair. I'm considering getting a second bottle before Yule ends as I have been generous with gifting people decants and I'm about 1/3 through my bottle.

I appreciate any good thoughts and any prayers sent our way that we will not get freezing rain here on Friday. Snow is fine, but please no large amounts of freezing rain and ice. I am praying it does not develop into the ice storm that the models show it could be. I went through that in 2002 and we lost power on my road for close to a week and it was so cold.

Take care, everyone!
Hope you and everyone who got hit by the weather is doing OK! Minnesota is pretty tolerable for winter at the moment though last weekend sucked. I've had enough of it.

I panicked for a minute thinking I was posting in the wrong thread, then realized that anything is ok when it comes to "Random Stuff". Lol! Yes, this is how my Sunday nights go....

Plus, rough week.

Moving on!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

Thank you, Gemma and Boudicca, for your kind notes. I got through well and kept power! I am very grateful. We were stuck on our hill up here (very steep road) until today--and even now it mostly is covered in ice and snow and has not melted much. But the main roads are clear, secondary roads are still icy so most schools are cancelled again tomorrow. Three days of snow days for kids!

I was sorry to hear about your furnace issues, Boudicca but glad that you were able to finally get things resolved. I hope this week moves forward in a great way!

Gemma, so lovely that you are loving Winter (Mucha) also--I really loved your review of it!