Dirty Angel

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Dirty Angel

Post by Boudicca »

There has to be one, the one you know is an angel but has to be going through some issues. You just hope they don't get their wings broken before they come to their senses. This perfume really plays hard with patchouli and dirt accord. It turns out to be amazingly pretty for it. All the stories you hear about various elements if used sparingly becoming beautiful and not just crass is true. Dirty Angel accomplishes this and makes the blend really sing. Two types of patchouli, a ginger backup, the classic dirt accord, a small small drop of vetiver, and a waft of galangal. It ends up not smelling like dirt but like a light and heavenly blend with a nod to the floral (but it is not floral nor does it have any floral ingredients in it). This combination just worked out this way. I love it. It's innocently sexy but knows how to behave in bed, it's light enough to wear to work but long lasting and surrounds you with a vibe which I have to call "happy anxty". I am very pleased with this.

The image is by Leonardo and it is said to be the head of an angel. I chose it because all that chalk makes it look dirty...just the look I was wanting.

Spicy, resinous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Boudicca

Re: Dirty Angel

Post by Boudicca »

I don't even want to write this. This one should have totally worked for me, but it's just not. It's like the cleanest dirt note ever. I can't explain. It's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for and it's just not me. It doesn't come off at all spicy or resinous on me. :huh:
I'll try it again in a week or two and see if that helps.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:I don't even want to write this. This one should have totally worked for me, but it's just not. It's like the cleanest dirt note ever. I can't explain. It's not bad, but it's not what I was hoping for and it's just not me. It doesn't come off at all spicy or resinous on me. :huh:
I'll try it again in a week or two and see if that helps.
How does it compare to say Nuut or Sex Juice?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Nuut & Sex Juice are more like each other than they are like Dirty Angel, if that makes any sense. I like those two OK, but DA just isn't doing it for me. It's way too clean for me.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Hmmm, Sorry it didn't work for you Boudicca. I still want this one, clean dirt sounds lovely to me. And it does have all the notes (including dirt) that work on me. Only one I'm not sure of, galangal? Not sure what that one is. ROFL, now I have to go look it up. I love that.
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

this scent has been tricky to review because each time I've opened the bottle, it feels like the scent has shifted from what I smelled before.
considering the notes, it is much lighter and brighter than what I'd expected. it smells neither like dirt nor like the resin bomb I was anticipating.
wet, this is bright and pretty and reminds me of the wet stage of kuchisake-onna in feel. the scents are different, but they both have a sweet feminine quality. as this dries down it reminds me of possets that are constructed around wood notes. no idea why! also I get something a little anise-y after a few hours.

I'm still getting to know this scent, and my review isn't doing it justice. I like it but i feel like it's going to really show it's true colors in a few months.
Last edited by Annemathematics on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Fabienne really nails it--a non-floral floral. It's delicate and powdery. I get none of the patchouli or resinous quality; if I knew nothing of the notes, I would call this a golden musk with a smidge of amber. This is nothing like Nuut or Sex Juice. Something about it calls to mind 18th century French aristocrats; it's incredibly light, but a bit naughty and not shy. Not a lot of morph from bottle to dry-down, and moderate throw, but it lasts a long time!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Something about it calls to mind 18th century French aristocrats;
Perfect!
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

When I first smell it in the bottle and put it on my skin, there is something very astringent, and...biting to this perfume. It's sharp and almost reminds me of this horrid soap in the privies at the Ren Fest outside of Houston.

But that passes quickly, the minute my skin warms it up and it is fresh, clean. herbal. And like warriortwo says, likens to a French Aristocrat wearing a powdered fluffy wig and a lavender silk jacket with puce waistcoat, those white tights and those high heeled shoes that the men wore with those lovely huge buckles. He carries a lacy handkerchief dangling from one sleeve, has a black wood cane topped in silver. His face is powdered and with a hint of blush and lippy, a heart beauty mark on his cheek, and he sniffs snuff delicately from an ornate silver snuff box that he carries in the inside pocket of that lovely jacket. You know he's like the character in Dangerous Liaisons...a very dirty angel indeed.

I love it, after the initial...WHOA baby that's...um biting my nose, to the beautiful sexy clean fragrance. And no it's not "masculine" it's very unisex. There's a hint of spice? All i know is it's beautiful.