Emine (EH-meen-eh)

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Emine (EH-meen-eh)

Post by Boudicca »

Named after the only French consort to the Ottoman Sultan, this is a perfume worthy of one of the most splendid eras in perfumery. All the beauty of the East is spread before you in shimmering profusion. The most beautiful of frankincense, the most subtle and luxurious of white oudes, the most sweet of myrrh (a very special type of golden myrrh), a light golden patchouli, and a drop of styrax. This is a very Eastern, thick, and resinous blend, a comforting and sweetly languidly seductive thing. Emine is more "come hither" than demanding, almost foody but not quite. I am very proud of this one, and I think it will be very popular at Yule.

Resinous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Re: Emine (EH-meen-eh)

Post by Zahira »

Just got this one today, and I couldn't resist trying it right out of the mailbox. In the bottle it is syrupy rich resins, it almost smells a little bit like amber with spices, even though there is no amber in it, must be a combination of the myrrh and styrax. It just smells golden, like the way sunlight looks through a stained glass window in a catholic church. Yes, the frankincense is there all right. On my skin it blooms into a sweet, rich, spicy oriental, not much throw, but the kind of scent that melds with your skin, and makes you want to lean in closer. Mostly frankincense and myrrh, with the patchouli and oude dancing in the background, the styrax adding the rich ambery sweetness. If it is this beautiful fresh from the post,I suspect that this is going to age into something glorious. I am already in love with this, it kind of reminds me of Theodora, but without the musks, and spicier. This is going to be my number one vote for permanents. I have just found the frankincense scent I've been looking for,
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Your review just pushed this to my maybe yes, to my must have list! Nicely done!
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

Good glad I could help! I recommend this to everyone, it is the best resin scent I have ever smelled. Can't wait to see how this ages. :hug:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

:hug: Oh you did! I moved it to my must get list, and I'm trying to decide between all of them, on which to get next. Your review was so good, I may have to have it in my next batch.
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

Coming back to this, I feel like this is very similar to the frankincense in Clara's Party, from last year's Yule collection. I loved Clara's Party, so it makes sense that I love Emine as well. I love this scent so much. It needs to be a permanent! :hrt::
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Zahira wrote:Coming back to this, I feel like this is very similar to the frankincense in Clara's Party, from last year's Yule collection. I loved Clara's Party, so it makes sense that I love Emine as well. I love this scent so much. It needs to be a permanent! :hrt::

I loved Clara's Party too, this deciding what to get next is getting more difficult. ROFL!
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

Emine is a fragrance of beautiful resins that will age wonderfully. Even brand new and straight out of the bottle it is lovely. It has the style of Arabian type perfumes. I can smell the frankincense and myrrh and the woods are light in it. It has a golden and mellow feel to it and is not overbearing or intrusive, but yet is long-lasting. It continued to develop on my skin yesterday evening for six or more hours and this morning I can smell a slight remnant. It has a gentle spice-like aspect that is not clove or cinnamon. I would describe it more like a touch of nutmeg but it's not in the least food-like. It is not a sweet fragrance, but nor is it bitter or harsh or sharp, it seems well balanced.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

marisaviola wrote:Emine is a fragrance of beautiful resins that will age wonderfully. Even brand new and straight out of the bottle it is lovely. It has the style of Arabian type perfumes. I can smell the frankincense and myrrh and the woods are light in it. It has a golden and mellow feel to it and is not overbearing or intrusive, but yet is long-lasting. It continued to develop on my skin yesterday evening for six or more hours and this morning I can smell a slight remnant. It has a gentle spice-like aspect that is not clove or cinnamon. I would describe it more like a touch of nutmeg but it's not in the least food-like. It is not a sweet fragrance, but nor is it bitter or harsh or sharp, it seems well balanced.

I love your reviews, my friend! I want this one.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Wow.
This is good.
I really can't add much to what Zahira or Marisaviola wrote.
I'm pretty sure I will be voting for this one.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds