Emine (EH-meen-eh)

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: Emine (EH-meen-eh)

Post by warriortwo »

I'm not feeling this one. It has a light powdery lilt to it that feels a bit grandmotherly, and cloying. ETA: I just realized that the reason I'm thinking "grandmother" is that it reminds me of Chantilly, which my great-grandmother had a huge bottle of on her dresser. I looked up Chantilly and it doesn't seem to have any of the same components! But that is what it reminds me of.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Boudicca wrote:Wow.
This is good.
I really can't add much to what Zahira or Marisaviola wrote.
I'm pretty sure I will be voting for this one.

Silly woman, still want your take on it! :hug:
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

This one is not working with my skin chemistry. But I shall test it again next week and hope for a change!

In the meantime, I can tell you that if your skin plays nice, you will get a wonderfully warm and soft incense scent from this. I occasionally get wafts of this with something almost sweet; like skin musk with a hint of vanilla (without actually being vanilla, if that makes sense). Sadly, my skin then turns something in this to pencil shavings. :(

Good staying power and gentle throw.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Emine (EH-meen-eh)--a true story!

Post by marisaviola »

While wearing Emine, I just had the check-out clerk at my local co-op grocery store that I use swoon and ask me what I was wearing--she said whatever I had on, or whatever was wafting in the air, it was fantastic, and she wanted to know what it was. I was surprised, as I only had it on one wrist and had put it on right before leaving the house. However, I didn't realize I was so palpably delicious! This is a first for me in the grocery store! We talked about perfume she liked and I told her about Possets the whole time she was ringing me up, and when she was done, she got out a piece of paper and I spelled out the website while she wrote it down. I encouraged her to check out Fabienne's lovely website and the forum and told her about the current Yule collection. I waltzed out of there feeling like a million bucks--nothing for the morale like having someone sing the praises of the perfume one is wearing!

True story!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

:hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Emine (EH-meen-eh)--a true story!

Post by Atropos »

marisaviola wrote:While wearing Emine, I just had the check-out clerk at my local co-op grocery store that I use swoon and ask me what I was wearing--she said whatever I had on, or whatever was wafting in the air, it was fantastic, and she wanted to know what it was. I was surprised, as I only had it on one wrist and had put it on right before leaving the house. However, I didn't realize I was so palpably delicious! This is a first for me in the grocery store! We talked about perfume she liked and I told her about Possets the whole time she was ringing me up, and when she was done, she got out a piece of paper and I spelled out the website while she wrote it down. I encouraged her to check out Fabienne's lovely website and the forum and told her about the current Yule collection. I waltzed out of there feeling like a million bucks--nothing for the morale like having someone sing the praises of the perfume one is wearing!

True story!

How fantastic!!!! I've had similar experiences with my fellow coworkers, but not complete strangers. That is awesome!!! I hope she joins us here.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Soft and beautiful, rich and warm, this is Emine. However, I'm discovering that there is a note (and now I'm going to have to find some other perfumes, because I am learning toward the frankincense or myrrh) that opens on my skin and goes straight to sandalwood on me and skews what I think I'm smelling.

This is beautiful though (despite the note that makes my nose believe I'm wearing nothing but sandalwood), and very comforting and warm in these cold days we're having. But I can also see this being utterly gorgeous and sparkling on any soft night when the stars are out and something lovely just needs to be worn.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!