Frog Princess

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Frog Princess

Post by Boudicca »

When I was a child I remember seeing a wonderful animation of the Russian fairy tale, The Frog Princess. I was fascinated with the skill of the drawing as well as the story itself. Years later, one of the people on the Possets forum found the film again which plays on You Tube. It is marvelous. Hunt for it and be enchanted.

But what about the fragrance, this has to be aquatic, right? Right! It is. BUT before you start yelling about how you hate aquatics please know that i have made converts out of the most trenchant of aquatics haters, and aim to so the same to you.

I do have a home made aquatic base, just new this year, and to it I add a subtle hint of coconut and mint. It is fresh and really pretty! Perfect for a day where the indoors and heat just make your skin crawl and you would give a lot for a bit of refreshment. Also, I find it takes me out of a foul mood! Is it the name or is it the blend or...does it matter?

Aquatic, zesty, minty.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Frog Princess

Post by katiushka »

A very happy scent! I am getting something bright and almost floral: the aquatic note with coconut. I'm not really distinguishing the mint, but I'm sure it's there. The only scent I own, other than Diamond, that didn't make me gag when I smelled it with this terrible cold that I have right now. I get what Fabienne means that it puts one out of a really foul mood. But be careful not to overapply! A little bit, and you're in heaven. Too much, and you're in headache territory. (Again, may be the cold thing I'm dealing with right now.)
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

katiushka wrote:A very happy scent! I am getting something bright and almost floral: the aquatic note with coconut. I'm not really distinguishing the mint, but I'm sure it's there. The only scent I own, other than Diamond, that didn't make me gag when I smelled it with this terrible cold that I have right now. I get what Fabienne means that it puts one out of a really foul mood. But be careful not to overapply! A little bit, and you're in heaven. Too much, and you're in headache territory. (Again, may be the cold thing I'm dealing with right now.)

Sorry you have a cold, I hope you feel better soon.
MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta »

It's so awesome that Possets did an unusual Fairy Tale perfume! It's not everyday that a cute russian tale gets portrayed in a fragrance, and personally I think this perfume is a perfect interpretation to the Frog Princess's character. The perfume vial I got hasn't mellowed out yet (it's currently 'cooling its notes' in its Time Out Cupboard, which I've designated strictly for perfume). Inside the vial, it's a perky, fresh scent that smells 'green' but doesn't smell like cut grass or leaves (so it's definitely not at all like Lavender Corset). Instead, the green note smells exactly like soft moss and lichen to me, there's absolutely no mustiness about it (somehow, Fabienne made it smell so clean! Even on the drydown I did not have ANY feeling unpleasant moldiness while wearing it during this wet season (in England)). But unfortunately, once it hit my skin it got really astringent (which is probably because the perfume vial is still unsettled from the mail) the astringentness REALLY held on for two hours--and it bummed me out because I could tell that the moss and lichen had developed a really great texture (with what smells like coconut meat at the back). I was also able to tell to notice that the aquatic note is subtle but very refreshing, which I can tell would work great in warm and humid temperatures. With the moss and lichen, the aquatic note reminds me of a perkier, lusher cousin to Alkemia's Gaea. I even got a whiff of mint near the end which really matches well with the rest of the notes.

At the dry down, it smells like I'm wearing a cloak of pale, pastel-green velvet sweetened by a light smell of coconut. The coconut doesn't smell foody and rich like Sex in Heaven (which reminds me of a pile of shredded coconut and heavy cream), and it doesn't smell creamy/lotiony like in Sex in a Tree. It's its own category of coconuttiness which is like fresh coconut that has been previously soaking in sweet coconut water--and I think this is the best coconut scent I've tried from Possets! Even though this perfume smelled like astringent on my skin, after two hours I feel like a pretty princess.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

MageLocusta wrote:It's so awesome that Possets did an unusual Fairy Tale perfume! It's not everyday that a cute russian tale gets portrayed in a fragrance, and personally I think this perfume is a perfect interpretation to the Frog Princess's character. The perfume vial I got hasn't mellowed out yet (it's currently 'cooling its notes' in its Time Out Cupboard, which I've designated strictly for perfume). Inside the vial, it's a perky, fresh scent that smells 'green' but doesn't smell like cut grass or leaves (so it's definitely not at all like Lavender Corset). Instead, the green note smells exactly like soft moss and lichen to me, there's absolutely no mustiness about it (somehow, Fabienne made it smell so clean! Even on the drydown I did not have ANY feeling unpleasant moldiness while wearing it during this wet season (in England)). But unfortunately, once it hit my skin it got really astringent (which is probably because the perfume vial is still unsettled from the mail) the astringentness REALLY held on for two hours--and it bummed me out because I could tell that the moss and lichen had developed a really great texture (with what smells like coconut meat at the back). I was also able to tell to notice that the aquatic note is subtle but very refreshing, which I can tell would work great in warm and humid temperatures. With the moss and lichen, the aquatic note reminds me of a perkier, lusher cousin to Alkemia's Gaea. I even got a whiff of mint near the end which really matches well with the rest of the notes.

At the dry down, it smells like I'm wearing a cloak of pale, pastel-green velvet sweetened by a light smell of coconut. The coconut doesn't smell foody and rich like Sex in Heaven (which reminds me of a pile of shredded coconut and heavy cream), and it doesn't smell creamy/lotiony like in Sex in a Tree. It's its own category of coconuttiness which is like fresh coconut that has been previously soaking in sweet coconut water--and I think this is the best coconut scent I've tried from Possets! Even though this perfume smelled like astringent on my skin, after two hours I feel like a pretty princess.

Fantastic review again, this even had me wishing I'd tried it, though I don't do coconut usually, as I turn it into sun tan lotion.
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

Me too! Kicking myself for not getting a sample of this one.