La Goulue

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

La Goulue

Post by Boudicca »

A truly wicked treat-getting into the best bourbon, tarting it up with butter and a shot of sugar, then mixing it with coconut milk rather than mere egg nog. Zounds, is that good!

Foody

The image is of one of Toulouse-Lautrec's favorite models, La Goulue. The name meant "The Glutton" and she was a real firecracker who danced, ate, and drank her way through the golden age of Moulon Rouge. Alas, the times changed and La Goulue was said to have ended up as a penniless old hag who would tell wonderful stories of her misspent youth.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: La Goulue

Post by Atropos »

Reviews???
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

I'm a sucker for the scents that don't seem to be getting much love so I ordered a sample of this despite not really liking foodie blends. I should probably start picking all my scents this way because La Goulue is a winner. This is the olfactory equivalent of your favourite auntie who spikes the egg-nog from her hipflask while tipping you a conspiratorial wink.
It goes on BOOOO-ZY! A delicious and very sweet buttered bourbon.
The intense alcohol scent dissipates pretty quickly and it dries down to a buttery, creamy coconut. The bourbon doesn't disappear though, it hangs around giving the scent a gorgeous and adult edge. Cognac is one of my favourite notes in perfume because it seems to elevate every other note, giving them a lushness and depth they wouldn't otherwise have, and I think that's what the bourbon is doing here.
I probably should wait for the cold weather to wear this one, but how can I resist a scent this cheeky?
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Apollonia wrote:I'm a sucker for the scents that don't seem to be getting much love so I ordered a sample of this despite not really liking foodie blends. I should probably start picking all my scents this way because La Goulue is a winner. This is the olfactory equivalent of your favourite auntie who spikes the egg-nog from her hipflask while tipping you a conspiratorial wink.
It goes on BOOOO-ZY! A delicious and very sweet buttered bourbon.
The intense alcohol scent dissipates pretty quickly and it dries down to a buttery, creamy coconut. The bourbon doesn't disappear though, it hangs around giving the scent a gorgeous and adult edge. Cognac is one of my favourite notes in perfume because it seems to elevate every other note, giving them a lushness and depth they wouldn't otherwise have, and I think that's what the bourbon is doing here.
I probably should wait for the cold weather to wear this one, but how can I resist a scent this cheeky?

Oh now your review makes me want a sample! I love alcoholic scents, but they dont' always love me, so I didn't go for this one. You make it sound smashing! I like cheeky.