Madame X 3 (To the 3rd Power)

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Madame X 3 (To the 3rd Power)

Post by Boudicca »

The Third iteration of Madame X which retains the bees-waxy vanilla for which the Madame is so famous yet builds on it with Dry vanilla and a woody vanilla to give it a sophistication it needs and to keep it from being too heavy. I have inserted the smallest hint of yuzu because there needed to be a balance for the waxy vanilla lest it become too cloying. Polished the whole thing off with a particle of a drop of Haitian vetiver and it was done to perfection.

Think of being intimately seduced in black velvet beds, satin sheets, and a blazing red corset laying on the chair.

Foody, vanilla, woody.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Re: Madame X 3 (To the 3rd Power)

Post by Zahira »

I really like this one a lot, but to me it is pretty straightforward Madame X mixed with Arcturus. My nose is completely bypassing any of the other notes beside vanilla, which is fine with me, but I was hoping to get some of the yuzu and vetiver. Maybe with aging those notes will come out, but don't get me wrong, this is still delightful. This is in my opinion, the ultimate vanilla lovers scent. Not too foody, can be worn for all occasions. Delightful.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Zahira wrote:I really like this one a lot, but to me it is pretty straightforward Madame X mixed with Arcturus. My nose is completely bypassing any of the other notes beside vanilla, which is fine with me, but I was hoping to get some of the yuzu and vetiver. Maybe with aging those notes will come out, but don't get me wrong, this is still delightful. This is in my opinion, the ultimate vanilla lovers scent. Not too foody, can be worn for all occasions. Delightful.

Oh I like Madam X and Arcturus. Again great review! :hug:
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

Thanks Atropos! You should definitely try this. Retrying it, it is indeed Madame X + Arcturus, but upon wearing for a bit, it turns into much more than the sum of both parts. It very much becomes it's own, and is the vanilla of all vanillas. It is a clean but rich, foody and perfumy vanilla. Amazing.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Zahira wrote:Thanks Atropos! You should definitely try this. Retrying it, it is indeed Madame X + Arcturus, but upon wearing for a bit, it turns into much more than the sum of both parts. It very much becomes it's own, and is the vanilla of all vanillas. It is a clean but rich, foody and perfumy vanilla. Amazing.
And another great review of it! Oh my I do love Fabienne's vanilla notes.
herparents
a spark
a spark

Post by herparents »

This, to me, is pretty much Madame X with an extra dollop of vanilla. Wish the yuzu/woods/vetiver had come out on my skin but this is lovely regardless. I think I actually prefer X^3 to original MX but the difference is pretty small.