Moonbux

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Moonbux

Post by Boudicca »

A tribute to that Seattle institution we all love. The ultimate coffee scent from someone who can't get enough coffee. The true arabica cuppa mocha right under your nose, freshly ground coffee scenting the backdrop, you have added a large amount of cream to the blend, a shot of vanilla, and you have the perfect treat for a cold day. If you are a coffee lover, this is the blend for you. I hope I don't get sued over the name but my landlady came up with it and I thought it was a scream. Also, I know there is no acceptable image for this so I thought I would diddle a bit.

So good, I wanted to lick my arm.

Foody.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
ltrittipoe
a spark
a spark

Re: Moonbux

Post by ltrittipoe »

Absolutely delicious, dark, sweet rich coffee. I love Fabienne's coffee note, and I have been longing for ... The Seductive Jesuit without the lavender (although I love it), Hopheads without the amber (love that one, too) ... Just ... MORE coffee, please.

And this is MORE. slightly creamy, slightly vanilla, slightly mocha, but mostly COFFEE. and then some more coffee.

I need a much larger bottle of this, it's already the third day on a row I've worn it, every day since I got it. :hrt:: I have such love for this one!
Last edited by ltrittipoe on Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

ltrittipoe wrote:Absolutely delicious, dark, sweet rich coffee. I love Fabienne's coffee note, and I have been longing for ... The Seductive Jexuit without the lavender (although I love it), Hopheads without the amber (love that one, too) ... Just ... MORE coffee, please.

And this is MORE. slightly creamy, slightly vanilla, slightly mocha, but mostly COFFEE. and then some more coffee.

I need a much larger bottle of this, it's already the third day on a row I've worn it, every day since I got it. :hrt:: I have such love for this one!

I love her coffee note too, and I love Hop Head, but amber always just goes nuts on my skin and turns into ...potatoes. So then I get potatoes covered in coffee grounds. This sounds like what I'm looking for, that spectacular coffee note that Fabienne does to perfection (not burnt, but fresh fresh coffee).

I already had Moonbux on my get list. Glad to see I was right. :pom:
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

:hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
The coffiest coffee that ever did coffee.
Delicious. Thanks, I needed this.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

stellamaris wrote::hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
The coffiest coffee that ever did coffee.
Delicious. Thanks, I needed this.
Your review makes me giggle. :trout:
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

Smells great in the vial! Not so much on my skin. The cream goes sour.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

warriortwo wrote:Smells great in the vial! Not so much on my skin. The cream goes sour.

Same here! It smells divine in the bottle, the coffeest coffee I ever did coffee. But on my skin it turns into spilt coffee mocha that hasn't been cleaned up or soaked into something not able to be cleaned, and the milk goes sour. It's my skin chemistry, it turns rotten milk with a hint of chocolate. I do no justice to this exquisite scent. If anyone wants to swap, let me know.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

This is glorious! More resinous than foody, I'd say. The first true coffee Posset that works on me! :frolic: (For my skin chemistry twins out there, Arabian Dance was an unmitigated disaster on me.)

I can't remember where on the forum, but someone somewhere compared this to "Halloween". I get the comparison! It smells not like a comfort-smell foody oil*, but a deep, expensive perfume that I would wear with a fancy dress on a night to the symphony. (Yes, I've done that with this one!) And it still retains true-to-life coffee in the foreground!

The best part? It lasts FOREVER. I could still smell it on my skin twelve hours later, and the scent is still lingering on my bedsheets over two days later.

*No disrespect meant to comfort foody oils! I love them and wear them to work all the time :hrt::