Peppermint Pig

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Peppermint Pig

Post by Boudicca »

This one isn't really just peppermint at all! I just liked the name. In Cincinnati there is a tradition of presenting the family with a large pink statue of a pig made out of candy. It tastes like a revved up candy cane. A hammer comes with the pig and everyone gets a chance to break off a piece and devour it. The pig lasts for a surprisingly short time as it is pretty addicting and very refreshing.

I could not stand it, I had to add more things to the mix, the kind of things I just love together at Christmas. A dusting of cinnamon and clove, a background of fresh cut greens and their bark. This one makes me smile every time I wear it. Amazingly alluring.

Please note that if you are sensitive to cinnamon, don't put this perfume on your skin.

Foody.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Peppermint Pig

Post by Atropos »

I'm a little confused. So, does Peppermint Pig have some peppermint in it? I hope so, I've been looking for a Winter scent that has peppermint, cinnamon, snow, and fir, maybe some frankincense, myrrh, and touch of sandalwood. If I could make perfumes, I try to make it myself. There was a scrub I loved long ago but the company went bust. It was peppermint, cinnamon and other notes but it was the most intriguing lovely Winter scent. NOT Cinnamint, ugh.

I am hoping that Peppermint Pig is what I've been searching for. Peppermint, cinnamon, clove, green notes...sounds great and close to what I'd love to make.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

I don't think that I explained it as well as I should. It IS peppermint. I wanted to highlight that it wasn't just mint plopped into a bottle and sold as a big deal. It's a peppermint which I have fussed over, fooled with, thought about, and perfected and THEN plopped in a bottle for you! So, it's much better than a plain old peppermint scent, I am aiming for this to be THE peppermint scent.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

fabienne wrote:I don't think that I explained it as well as I should. It IS peppermint. I wanted to highlight that it wasn't just mint plopped into a bottle and sold as a big deal. It's a peppermint which I have fussed over, fooled with, thought about, and perfected and THEN plopped in a bottle for you! So, it's much better than a plain old peppermint scent, I am aiming for this to be THE peppermint scent.

As if you have ever just "plopped" something in a bottle. And everything you make is big deal. I figured that you meant it was peppermint turned epic! I just wanted to be sure. So this one is definitely on my "must have" list, I love spice, and I love peppermint, even though I'm not a foodie girl. There is something about peppermint that I adore. My stylist uses peppermint as aromatherapy while I sit with my hot towel on my head. It's wonderful. I can't wait to get the Pig! :frolic:
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

:hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
This is awesome.
Super rich, and dries down to an amazing deep totally not plasticy vanilla. Like a dolls head in heaven.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Well there we go, I will have to get this one, especially after that!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

I'm really glad I gave the Pig another shot! It really does smell like Christmas.

The first time I tried it, the weather was a bit too warm (upper 60's). I smelled peppermint being overpowered by something that aspired to be foody and vanilla-y, but resulted in being messy and unidenitifiable. I put it aside.

I tried it again a few days ago, now lower 40s. Huge difference - time and temperature! This time, I smelled peppermint, vanilla, Christmas spices and tree bark. I liked it, and so did the people around me.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

katiushka wrote:I'm really glad I gave the Pig another shot! It really does smell like Christmas.

The first time I tried it, the weather was a bit too warm (upper 60's). I smelled peppermint being overpowered by something that aspired to be foody and vanilla-y, but resulted in being messy and unidenitifiable. I put it aside.

I tried it again a few days ago, now lower 40s. Huge difference - time and temperature! This time, I smelled peppermint, vanilla, Christmas spices and tree bark. I liked it, and so did the people around me.
I can't wait to try my sample!!!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

I do love P Pig. It's not foodie like other perfumes that are "desserts". This is intriguing. Going on it's vanilla, a hint of peppermint and cinnamon. It almost reminds me of The Great Whore of Babylon, with the French Vanilla that is so exquisite. This has that same vanilla vibe. It's really lovely, and still it remains lovely, but my skin amps the cinnamon a little too much. Still, it's not the cinnamon of your spice cabinet. On me, with the cinnamon screaming and running around the room at the top of it's little lungs :frolic: <---like this, it's still playful and it's more like cinnamon perfume...if that makes any sense. The base makes it still not foodie despite the spice being the predominant note. It's not sweet either. Despite the cinnamon's misbehavior, I hope it makes the permanent list.
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

Its time for the holiday perfumes, so out comes this oil from last year.
Lets get one thing clear- this is not peppermint oil. There is peppermint in it, but its part of a delicous cinnamon and vanilla cookie, creating a fragrance that is cozy, unique and comfy to wear. Like a favorite holiday recipe or beloved sweater.
I'm glad I've got a bottle of this.