Pink Festivus

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Pink Festivus

Post by Boudicca »

Now "for the rest of us", Pink Festivus.

Red is one of the Yule colors but don't you know that a pink Festivus is jollier. Raspberry and red fruit play nicely and the intrusion of a smooth myrrh resin seals the scent for a heavenly waft which will lift your spirits and make you irresistible.

Foody, fruity, resinous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Alaizabel
mortal
mortal

Re: Pink Festivus

Post by Alaizabel »

Happy new year! Pink festivus is bright and yes, very "pink!" To my nose, it's more strawberry than raspberry, but it's a delightful sweet fruity candy-like scent. Sometimes these sweet scents can be too cavity-inducing, but the myrrh in this one really balances it out and gives it a real sense of sophistication. So delicious, light and happy with an effervescent quality that is quite celebratory! I see this as more of a spring or summer scent than a Yule, however - like when you want to put on a flirty sundress and wear pastel nail polish and drink pink lemonade. Very lovely! :bchamp:
MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta »

Alaizabel wrote:Happy new year! Pink festivus is bright and yes, very "pink!" To my nose, it's more strawberry than raspberry, but it's a delightful sweet fruity candy-like scent. Sometimes these sweet scents can be too cavity-inducing, but the myrrh in this one really balances it out and gives it a real sense of sophistication. So delicious, light and happy with an effervescent quality that is quite celebratory! I see this as more of a spring or summer scent than a Yule, however - like when you want to put on a flirty sundress and wear pastel nail polish and drink pink lemonade. Very lovely! :bchamp:
Aw man, you make this perfume sound so lovely (shame that strawberries are a death note for me! Darn!). I've never heard of sweet fruit mixed with myrrh before, and after talking with my mom about the Spanish tradition of myrrh (and how it's linked to old wives' tales that it not only makes your house smell great, but apparently keeps the bugs away too)! It sounds like such a good idea to make a pink version of this resin that I might buy it to scent my house instead! Do you think it smells nice enough to scent a room though(or would that be too much candy-like sweetness)?
Alaizabel
mortal
mortal

Post by Alaizabel »

Do you think it smells nice enough to scent a room though(or would that be too much candy-like sweetness)?
Oh yes! I think it'd make a great room scent! It's so very bright and cheerful. It's sweet, but not overwhelmingly so.
MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Post by MageLocusta »

Alaizabel wrote:
Do you think it smells nice enough to scent a room though(or would that be too much candy-like sweetness)?
Oh yes! I think it'd make a great room scent! It's so very bright and cheerful. It's sweet, but not overwhelmingly so.
Oh awesome! Thanks so much!