Snow Solstice

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Snow Solstice

Post by Boudicca »

You often see coconut used as a cake decoration stand-in for snow. This is what I was thinking when I did this delectable coconut perfume. I loved the way it came together as a whole with just enough minty-sweet to blend delicately with the scent of coconut milk. It's creamy without being waxy, it's not too sharp in terms of the coconut. It's pretty much the beautiful beautiful side of the season.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Snow Solstice

Post by stellamaris »

This is beautiful, very sweet and cakey, vanilla with almost a minty coconut. Delicious.

:hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

stellamaris wrote:This is beautiful, very sweet and cakey, vanilla with almost a minty coconut. Delicious.

:hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::

I was wondering about this one. I love Winter Solstice, it's one of my favorite holidays. I loved Fabienne's original take on Solstice, but I was wary of this one as it's foody. But this sounds lovely. I was hoping for snow in a bottle.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

Disclaimer! I tend to turn everything sweet.
The snow note in this is lovely, but I amp sugary things to the nth degree. Lucky I love them!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Thanks stella, I think I amp sweet too. I think I may keep this as maybe, and go for the ones I know I want.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

This starts out a mixture of coconut and mint on me. I love mint, and was happy that soon it takes on more prominence for the first part of wearing it. This fragrance was sweet but not cakey or bakery type sweet on me. I think thanks to the mint, it smelled like rich coconut on me but not coconut candy. About halfway through the coconut took over more and it was a pleasant coconut--on me it was not really beachey or suntan lotion, it was more like dried sweetened shredded coconut for baking but it never reached pastry or cake or icing type status, which for me was a good thing. This lasted several hours on me and the coconut aspect of it got on the piece of clothing I had on--and I could smell that today, one day later when I handled the clothing. I think for those who love coconut and also mint, this would be a good fragrance to try.
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

In the bottle this smells like a rich buttery vanilla mint. So good. It reminds me of BPAL's Monsterbait: Tokyo Stomp. On my skin, the minty buttercream lasts for a while, then makes the switch into coconut goodness. It reminds me of a coconut cake with minty buttercream frosting. So delicious, I might have to get a bigger bottle if this doesn't make it to permanents.