Winter (Mucha)

Smooth resins and incense we have been waiting for, and the chypres we adore.

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Winter (Mucha)

Post by Atropos »

Maya wrote:Oh dear oh me oh my. Mmmmm. Yes. Mmmmmmmmm.

Okay, let me try to give this more than mmmm.

First, I have to say that if I could I would buy every single chypre that Fabienne makes. This from someone who detested chypre before finding Possets. I have become a fan, but I admit to degrees within that. I'd still buy them though, because who just wants one Monet?

True to the description, this opens very much as a Fabienne chypre. For a moment, I get a very rich pop of oakmoss which immediately shifts down to Silver Chypre on me. I started to think, "Hmm, I love Silver Chypre, but don't want two of them," and then this began to shift into smokey chypre, then slightly citrus chypre, then the violet slowly drifted to the top to smooth it all over.

Do I even need to say I love this? If you aren't sure how I feel: I love this. It's Silver Chypre meets smoked violets laced in...wait...there it is Apep. It reminds me of a chypred Apep wreathed in smoke and violets.

Of course it didn't make permanents. Of course I am trying to talk myself out of needing another bottle. Of course it's already on my retour list.

What's funny is that on my skin it's almost a touch plastic and woodsy from the oakmoss, but the air around me is the MOST stunning. If I walked into a room and smelled my waft, I'd have a hard time not taking me home just so I could sit in a corner and smell delicious.

*eyes rolled to the back of the head gone

OMG! yes! It's a little plastic on me, on my skin. But the waft....I smell sooooo damn good! I would want to shag me! :rofl:
Bea33
a spark
a spark

Post by Bea33 »

This is a lovely perfume! It feels like a classic French perfume in the Chanel tradition--rich and refined. On my skin the drydown, with the warm amber coming through, is like a beautiful, more approachable, version of Chanel No. 5. In fact, that's what my husband thought I was wearing when I had this on recently. (And he loved it! :grin: ) I'm so glad I bought a bottle.
Gemma
archangel
archangel

Post by Gemma »

I have been slathering this on before my kickboxing classes and OMG it makes me smell fantastic!! Sometimes, when freshly applied, I think the cold violet scent is too strong but then the oakmoss and amber warm everything up, and I just waft around in a cloud of deliciousness. :frolic: I can't get over how this perfume manages to evoke the cold of winter while still having an underlying warmth. Love!
Apollonia
mortal
mortal

Post by Apollonia »

I thought I hated violets but this scent has changed my mind. It's fresh and somehow cold, while being incredibly classic and sophisticated. So sad this didn't make it to permanents.
herparents
a spark
a spark

Post by herparents »

Definitely grown-up Possets, and as others have mentioned, expensive-smelling. For fifteen minutes, almost all lavender and oakmoss, sharp and herbal. Then, the amber and woods come out, paired with something sweet I can't identify. The violet turns it a bit powdery, but in a classic, most feminine way. In the same vein as The Damned Flower, this is an elevated , womanly floral blend; not something I would wear as often as something sweet and cheerful like Silver Roses, but one that I appreciate for what it is.
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Finally trying this one. Now I see what all the hype is about!! I won't repeat everything that people wrote about it above. But it is a warm, three-dimensional chypre with a slightly chilly vibe from the violets.

To me, this is almost a daytime version of "Angelic Host - Virtues" from the Yule 2010 collection which I love to pieces.