Salome

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Salome

Post by Atropos » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:47 am

Apollonia wrote:
Atropos wrote: I agree, it's an odd one. Again, one that only certain skin chemistry will work on. I'm going to try it again, but I'm thinking it's vertiver that's not playing well with my skin in combo with other notes. Maybe the vanilla and coffee pulp?
Yes, I think vetiver and I may just not be meant to be. It's wearable, but that sharp note really dominates on my skin in a way that's very ozone-like which is probably wonderful if your skin does well with ozones.

We do seem to be scent twins. Yes, I fear you and I and vertiver are not meant to be friends. Just you and I. ROFL! Well, maybe vetiver and I will be "frenemies"? Judith smells fantastic on me and it has vertiver. So I can't rule it out, but I think I must watch notes that it is put with. Woody notes that keep it in line work, vanilla and coffee pulp, not so much.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:52 pm

In the vial, I smell the vanilla, some lighter woods and a very ripe type note that may be the green coffee pulp that stands out strongest in the mix to me. I am not really getting the chocolate or the myrrh that others have mentioned. On my skin, I initially get the vanilla, the woods and that ripe almost green note and also the metallic aspect that several have mentioned. The metallic notes dissipate within the first twenty minutes or so. Once it has dried and had a chance to warm up on my skin, it turns into a vanilla and woods mixture that is very similar to Lady and a Baby Unicorn on me, except it is a fuller smelling blend that still has that different rather ripe note in the background. Within an hour of wearing the ripe note dissipates and I am left with a blend of the vanilla and woods which lasts and stays stable for several hours, possibly due to the musks anchoring them even though I could not detect black or African musk as individual notes in the mixture. The last lingering note on my skin that lasts many hours is a non-foody vanilla.

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:29 am

Salome has officially become my favorite of the collection. That chocolate/woody vetiver and the musky vanilla-myrrh drydown are completely intoxicating with my skin chemistry.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

Narcisse
mortal
mortal

Post by Narcisse » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:46 pm

I have to say of all the scents I have by Fabienne this is the one I wear the most. I probably would wear everyday, if not for the fact that after a few days I no longer can smell it. Also once full summer hits here it is too hot and humid to truly dry down to the phase I adore. I will say that it does go through a phase in the beginning that is what I call the artisanal virgin reaped Romanian hayseed hard candy. In fact I hated it the first day I tried it and thought oh Virgin and Baby Unicorn again, although much better that one was a scratch and sniff My Little Pony stale and melty on a window sill. This one does veer into that territory, almost playdoh like, for the first 20 minutes on me but once dry this is the most gorgeous slightly spicy, slighty resiny, and the hint of musk keeps it from being to heavy and adds a hit of green. I think Gypsie Jolie and I have the same experience with this one. It is so stunning on me I hate to wear anything else and I have the attention span of a jack rabbit in heat when it comes to perfume. I will say that the humidity here does make it go a little playdoh like in the summer, but unless you have 100% humid 100 degree summer weather you should be safe. This one does have a similar feel to Jeanne DuVal but where are that is heavy resin and sweetened amber, this one has a reserved but similarly exotic feel but is lifted by the green musk. If you had the plastic vibe from LnBU like I, then this I think, gives you the love experience that others skin gave them. I am very sad this did not make permanent but thank God for Retours! Please let there be more! Although I may find a new love in one of the others that came before me on the forum over the year of retour, this will always be my main piece.