Review Requests and Random Stuff

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Maya » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Once again, this will be the place to ask for reviews for this collection, talk about miscellaneous things, and chatter about whatever you want (that may or may not pertain to this collection). Enjoy!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Boudicca

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Boudicca » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:33 pm

So, what's everyone excited about in this collection so far ? Judith and Salome are definitely calling my name.... Can't place an order at this time but looking forward to reviews of anything and everything!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:07 am

I'm really interested in Judith and Delilah!

I noticed that Angi (Ajevie) posted she is back and doing decants now as a business, so there are a few I would like to try (like Salome!) that I was a bit unsure of and so very excited to have the opportunity to try a sample vial.

Yes, I agree, any reviews will be read voraciously!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:50 am

Delilah has my attention also. It sounds very woody and I'm thinking I have something similar so I'm not so sure if I must have. Budget, yanno? Damn budget!
:trout:

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:39 am

It's hard to know for sure, since I have found so many favorites among those I would never have chosen for myself. But I have a lot of perfume now, so I ordered decants of Delilah, Judith and Salome only and I'm going to try and stick to that for now. I still haven't found a woody scent that works for me--close but no success yet--so I am looking forward to Delilah (and it has my beloved Patchouli to help sweeten the deal). Berenice was a no-go because I already own an abundance of fragrances with the notes listed. But as far as the others...they could all go either way. So it was a real narrow-down. Once the reviews come in, though, I am sure I'll be tempted!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Oh crap, more choices! Lol!

I think I need Evita, Jeanne DuVal and Mata Hari too....

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Right?!? She had to add the sticky black patchouli/vetiver/smoky musk of Mata Hari, there's no way I can let that go unsniffed. And cucumber/mint, exactly the scent I was craving. I'm gonna drop fifty bucks on decants alone. Damn you Fabienne! :wink:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:04 pm

Whoa, bravo Fabienne! You alluded to more Femmes coming, but I didn't expect so many! I love the prose and there are a few ladies in there who are new to me! Osmanthus? Hello!

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:30 am

Many of the biblical ladies are calling to me, and a few naughty girls here and there. But the one I am absolutely most excited about is Mary Queen of Scots. Something both foody AND outdoorsy? Yes, please!!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:45 am

Yea, some of those Bible stories are just out of this world. I didn't know about Jael, for instance, but she was some real femme fatale. Evidently I was really out of the loop as the number of paintings done of her by very respectable artists was pretty high, so she was part of a very well known story. I took a look at Google and then images, painting and was knocked out by the interpretations. One was showing Sisera (Jael's victim) lying on nice clean sheets in full armor and just as handsome as hell just waiting to get nailed by a sort of generic "desert woman" and everyone looks very Western European. However, that tentpeg looks pretty lethal by itself.

I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!