Review Requests and Random Stuff

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:33 pm

By luck and with Fabienne's amazing TAT, I got my fumes the 3 days I am in US! Starting to post some reviews, although fumes have not yet had time to settle.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Welcome, Minh Scent!

Thank you so much for the reviews, they're fabulous--definitely affirms my trying them--I'm excited about getting my decants from Angi!

I hope you have a wonderful conference and visit! So great that you got the perfumes while you're here! :frolic:

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 am

marisaviola wrote:Welcome, Minh Scent!

Thank you so much for the reviews, they're fabulous--definitely affirms my trying them--I'm excited about getting my decants from Angi!

I hope you have a wonderful conference and visit! So great that you got the perfumes while you're here! :frolic:

I second this! Thank you for the reviews!!!!

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Mods, I don't see an entry for Virginie Gautrau. Could you add one, please? I want to sing its praises. :)
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Petticoats wrote:Mods, I don't see an entry for Virginie Gautrau. Could you add one, please? I want to sing its praises. :)
Thank you for pointing this out! How did I miss this one, and Virginia Oldoini also?? Were they added a little later? I know when I was first posting the descriptions there were only 7 or so....
Oh well, it's all good now!
:frolic:

ETA:
:gaah: There were two more!
Now all good?
:rose4u:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Boudicca wrote: Now all good?
:rose4u:
I think so! Going by the listings there are 27 in the collection, and we now have 27 topics besides this one, so I think we're covered! Thank you. :hrt::
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:54 am

So, since there is/was a new Cambienne I had to get it and I don't let Possets travel alone. I'm on a kind of tight budget these days but I will buy pretty much every Cambienne that comes out, one way or another. I hear giving plasma is profitable.... Anyway, I've only bought one of the Femmes Fatales just now, though I'm interested in about another half dozen... this collection just sounds gorgeous!

Tangents? sorry! I went with Jeanne DuVal cuz I've been in the mood for amber. Thank you Petticoats and hill78 for your reviews! Obviously, I appreciate ALL the reviews. A few more for Jeanne would have been nice but I'm pretty sure I'll be very happy with it, notes and a few reviews generally seal the deal for me. I will review when it's in my hot little hands. Speaking of reviews, could we please keep the review threads to actual reviews and put comments thanking people for reviews and how reviews may or may not be influencing our purchases and that kind of chatter in this thread? Thanks! :hug: :hrt::

So... if I can make another order, what would y'all recommend? Gimme your :2cents: please! The ones that really got my attention would be Evita, George, Mata Hari, Judith, Salome... and others. Thanks in advance for any reviews/suggestions/advice/random thoughts :hrt::

Sincerely,
Boudicca the overchoiced
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Boudicca wrote:So, since there is/was a new Cambienne I had to get it and I don't let Possets travel alone. I'm on a kind of tight budget these days but I will buy pretty much every Cambienne that comes out, one way or another. I hear giving plasma is profitable.... Anyway, I've only bought one of the Femmes Fatales just now, though I'm interested in about another half dozen... this collection just sounds gorgeous!

Tangents? sorry! I went with Jeanne DuVal cuz I've been in the mood for amber. Thank you Petticoats and hill78 for your reviews! Obviously, I appreciate ALL the reviews. A few more for Jeanne would have been nice but I'm pretty sure I'll be very happy with it, notes and a few reviews generally seal the deal for me. I will review when it's in my hot little hands. Speaking of reviews, could we please keep the review threads to actual reviews and put comments thanking people for reviews and how reviews may or may not be influencing our purchases and that kind of chatter in this thread? Thanks! :hug: :hrt::

So... if I can make another order, what would y'all recommend? Gimme your :2cents: please! The ones that really got my attention would be Evita, George, Mata Hari, Judith, Salome... and others. Thanks in advance for any reviews/suggestions/advice/random thoughts :hrt::

Sincerely,
Boudicca the overchoiced
I with you on the budget thing. Damn I wished I'd thought of the plasma thing....now it's too late. I was trying to find the moolah to buy the latest Cambienne, now it's gone. I can't wait to see your review of it. And I'll gladly help you out with reviews of Judith, Evita, George, Mata Hari and Salome. You named all of the samples I got. I also got Caroline Lamb too.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Boudicca, for me, I would do Salome or Judith. Both?? Mata Hari is lovely, but for me, a bit in the light side for musk. Judith and Salome are both sexy gorgeous. Salome has that most unusual green coffee note, that I am not sure I like, but then I love the total effect. Did you try Wallis Warfield Simpson? These are my top three. I love Aspasia, too (hello, osmanthus), but it is super subtle.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:23 pm

Minh Scent wrote:Boudicca, for me, I would do Salome or Judith. Both?? Mata Hari is lovely, but for me, a bit in the light side for musk. Judith and Salome are both sexy gorgeous. Salome has that most unusual green coffee note, that I am not sure I like, but then I love the total effect. Did you try Wallis Warfield Simpson? These are my top three. I love Aspasia, too (hello, osmanthus), but it is super subtle.

I was wondering about osmanthus, I don't think I've ever smelled it. Can you describe how the note is?