Review Requests and Random Stuff

Moderator: Maya

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by katiushka » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Just want to say – I really, REALLY love the perfumes from this collection!! They were made with such love :heartrise: It’s hard to NOT be monogamous with them! I’ve only tried two of the ones I’ve ordered – Barbara Villiers and Jael - and both are so expertly blended and have such depth to them that I’ve been savoring them, unable to try anything else for the moment.

And yet, reading the reviews, it seems like Evita, Lucretia and Aspasia are must-haves if they don’t make the permanents.
Last edited by katiushka on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bea33
a spark
a spark

Post by Bea33 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Boudicca wrote:Speaking of reviews, could we please keep the review threads to actual reviews and put comments thanking people for reviews and how reviews may or may not be influencing our purchases and that kind of chatter in this thread? Thanks! :hug: :hrt::
Oh, that would be so helpful. I keep thinking there's another review of a perfume I want to hear more about, and then I'm so disappointed when it turns out not to be another review.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:27 am

Bea33 wrote:
Boudicca wrote:Speaking of reviews, could we please keep the review threads to actual reviews and put comments thanking people for reviews and how reviews may or may not be influencing our purchases and that kind of chatter in this thread? Thanks! :hug: :hrt::
Oh, that would be so helpful. I keep thinking there's another review of a perfume I want to hear more about, and then I'm so disappointed when it turns out not to be another review.
IKR?! When you're trying to put an order together and can't make up your mind cuz you can't actually just order All The Things and would just like a little more info/input, you get excited to see something new, except it isn't any help... and maybe it might be time sensitive cuz you're looking for travel companion(s) for a Cambienne for instance....
Yeah, I know #firstworldproblems :trout:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Boudicca wrote:
Bea33 wrote:
IKR?! When you're trying to put an order together and can't make up your mind cuz you can't actually just order All The Things and would just like a little more info/input, you get excited to see something new, except it isn't any help... and maybe it might be time sensitive cuz you're looking for travel companion(s) for a Cambienne for instance....
Yeah, I know #firstworldproblems :trout:

I hope my reviews are helping you B. I've added a couple. Mata Hari is my absolute favorite so far, with Isabella and Judith. I will be voting and getting bottles of these three lovely ladies.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:34 pm

I originally ordered 9 samples from Ajevie (after saying I was "done with perfume for a while", lol) and the first 6 I tried were not working. All vetiver and wood, because I always normally gravitate to the resins, even though they let me down a lot. I'm notoriously particular, and even a hint of an unpleasant food, or memory, or person, and in the giveaway box it goes. Then I tried Isotta Malatesta, which I haven't stopped wearing, but paradoxically, this makes me want to try more. Because how the hell can I know what perfume I'll like based on the notes, right? I mean, everything is a wild card. Unless it's banana (eek), I have no idea anymore. So I just posted order #4 (Ajevie restocked and now has some that were sold out!) which will bring my total samples to 20, once they all arrive.

I guess I'm being dramatic, and spoiled. Really glad Fabienne is giving her blessing on those samples. Maybe next time I'll just order the full set and be done with it. :chase:

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:16 pm

(ignore me)
Last edited by gypsyjolie on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Yeah, it's funny how the ones that I thought I'd love were good (Judith and Jeanne duVal), but were not the standouts of my samples. The wildcards I tried were the big winners - even Salome, which has myrrh, which is a death note usually, and Diane de Poitiers, despite lemon never having worked on my skin before, and Sappho, which smells nothing like what I expected. I mean really, who expects a cardamom/amber scent to smell "cool"?!
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:09 am

gypsyjolie wrote:Yeah, it's funny how the ones that I thought I'd love were good (Judith and Jeanne duVal), but were not the standouts of my samples. The wildcards I tried were the big winners - even Salome, which has myrrh, which is a death note usually, and Diane de Poitiers, despite lemon never having worked on my skin before, and Sappho, which smells nothing like what I expected. I mean really, who expects a cardamom/amber scent to smell "cool"?!

I need to go back to Ajeve's site and order Sappho me thinks. Jeanne DuVal, or as I affectionately call her, Jenny, wasn't a huge hit on me either. She's pleasant enough, but not OMG with my skin chem.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:11 am

I got package #3 of 4. I slapped em all on at once because I couldn't wait another second.

Lola Montez: a lot like Christina of Denmark, but more forgiving. Sharp and cool but softening into something kind of pretty. Even though Fabienne says it's modern, it feels early 20th century. A classy CLASSIC perfume from the classiest era of classic perfumery. Actually, I can't stop sniffing this finger.

Diane de Poitiers: ??? Totally not what I was expecting. That's a nope.

Salome: Well, hello there? Soft, feminine, kind of soapy. Notes I don't immediately recognize. More tests.

Something really pleasant near my left wrist: Oh, that's where I had Mata Hari earlier and scrubbed it off with a combo of "unscented" (but really mildly scented) antiperspirant and Aveeno soap!

Mary Queen of Scots: I gave this one another quadrant of my arm, why not? That shortbread is super buttery.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:16 pm

warriortwo wrote: Because how the hell can I know what perfume I'll like based on the notes, right? I mean, everything is a wild card. Unless it's banana (eek), I have no idea anymore.
THIS!!! Precisely! It DOES make the chase more fun though... :chase: