Evita Peron

Moderator: Maya

Post Reply
User avatar
Boudicca
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1840
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:29 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Evita Peron

Post by Boudicca »

The very blonde and stylish First Lady of Argentina, she was the mistress and then the wife of President Juan Peron. Somewhat of a pleasure seeker as a young woman, she changed considerably once married and assuming the role of first lady. She worried about the poor and laborers of Argentina and organized the first female political party in South America. She died at age 33 of cancer and her body was especially embalmed and preserved as if she were a saint. Her body was exhibited for two years in Argentina, to the public but when the Peron regime was overthrown, her corpse disappears. It was found in Italy buried under an assumed name, and somewhat disfigured due to rough handling. It was returned with great fanfare when Isabel Peron became the president of Argentina (she was the daughter of Juan Peron by his first wife), and Evita is now interred in her home country with her beloved husband in a tomb which is very much fixed to ward off tomb robbers. The musical Evita, was a wonderful tribute to her.

Strange and wonderful we start off with a very strong and assertive Egyptian musk, followed by a very unusual leather component which conjures up the scent of violets (!). This is accompanied by a dry white amber, and a kiss of ginger. It is a skin like scent but has great unusual beauty. Leather, musk, floral.The type of a fragrance which would be worn by a great lady.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
User avatar
marisaviola
archangel
archangel
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:20 am
Location: North Carolina, United States

Re: Evita Peron

Post by marisaviola »

This seems like a good testament to me of Eva Peron, who I read about today while I wore the perfume. In the vial, I primarily smell a violet type fragrance that is crisp and fresh, quite strong. After I put on the fragrance, it does not stay so strong and becomes delicate and more of a soft skin musk mixed with violet and almost a lilac-like note. This is a soft enough fragrance it should not overwhelm others around you. I don't really pick up the ginger and at this point the leather is detected very subtly, like elegant kid gloves scented with lilac and violets. Those who like soft floral blends and who have enjoyed Lavender Corset by Possets may enjoy trying this one. At the final dry-down the musk leaves a soft orris type note on me.
Atropos
virtues
virtues
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: The Tardis
Contact:

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Atropos »

marisaviola wrote:This seems like a good testament to me of Eva Peron, who I read about today while I wore the perfume. In the vial, I primarily smell a violet type fragrance that is crisp and fresh, quite strong. After I put on the fragrance, it does not stay so strong and becomes delicate and more of a soft skin musk mixed with violet and almost a lilac-like note. This is a soft enough fragrance it should not overwhelm others around you. I don't really pick up the ginger and at this point the leather is detected very subtly, like elegant kid gloves scented with lilac and violets. Those who like soft floral blends and who have enjoyed Lavender Corset by Possets may enjoy trying this one. At the final dry-down the musk leaves a soft orris type note on me.
This sounds lovely marisa viola! I've always loved the musical based on her life. I was tempted by this one, but I thought it might be too floral for me.
User avatar
Apollonia
mortal
mortal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 am

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Apollonia »

This is the absolute winner for me from this collection. I imagine this is how an extremely expensive, very soft, well travelled leather case belonging to an elegant woman would smell. Over the years of use it's picked up the delicate scent of her perfume and her skin and the spices and musks of the all the places she's travelled. Like marisaviola said, this is a soft, kid leather. This is an extremely dry and refined scent which has definite hints of my all time favorite note, orris. Even though it creates an image to me of an elegant woman, I think this is very unisex. It has zero sweetness or softness to it, it's quite bold without being vulgar, which I don't think will make it popular, but gosh I wish it would make it to permanents!
Atropos
virtues
virtues
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: The Tardis
Contact:

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Atropos »

Apollonia wrote:This is the absolute winner for me from this collection. I imagine this is how an extremely expensive, very soft, well travelled leather case belonging to an elegant woman would smell. Over the years of use it's picked up the delicate scent of her perfume and her skin and the spices and musks of the all the places she's travelled. Like marisaviola said, this is a soft, kid leather. This is an extremely dry and refined scent which has definite hints of my all time favorite note, orris. Even though it creates an image to me of an elegant woman, I think this is very unisex. It has zero sweetness or softness to it, it's quite bold without being vulgar, which I don't think will make it popular, but gosh I wish it would make it to permanents!
Between you and marisaviola I'm really wanting to try this one! It almost sounds similar to JFK & Jackie from last years Valentines? I loved that one. How do they compare?
User avatar
Apollonia
mortal
mortal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 am

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Apollonia »

I've never tried that one so I'm afraid I can't compare the two, sorry!
Atropos
virtues
virtues
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: The Tardis
Contact:

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Atropos »

Apollonia wrote:I've never tried that one so I'm afraid I can't compare the two, sorry!

LOL no worries, maybe someone else in the community can compare them. Thank you any way, dearheart!
User avatar
Apollonia
mortal
mortal
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 am

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Apollonia »

I'm wearing this again today and it is reminding me A LOT of Winter (Mucha) from the Yules collection which I know a lot of people loved. It seems much softer today with more of a gentle violet scent wafting through the leather. I am going to campaign hard for this one for permanents since Winter missed out!
Atropos
virtues
virtues
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: The Tardis
Contact:

Re: Evita Peron

Post by Atropos »

Apollonia wrote:I'm wearing this again today and it is reminding me A LOT of Winter (Mucha) from the Yules collection which I know a lot of people loved. It seems much softer today with more of a gentle violet scent wafting through the leather. I am going to campaign hard for this one for permanents since Winter missed out!

Oh that helps a lot. Winter was lovely. Winter with a leather notes sounds divine.
User avatar
warriortwo
archangel
archangel
Posts: 365
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 1:45 pm
Location: Berkeley, CA

Re: Evita Peron

Post by warriortwo »

This is very delicate and feminine, violets and skin musk. While this kind of powdery floral isn't usually my thing, it blends beautifully with some of the others in this collection. I'm having fun experimenting.

ETA (ten days later): I'm having a low-energy day, and this morning I craved something light and easy. This is absolutely perfect, in the way that you might really enjoy plain rice when you're under the weather. There's nothing in this jangles the nerves or incites heady emotions. It's conjuring up an image of what an Austen heroine might wear, with her sheer muslin dress on a spring day. So tasteful, demure, and simply pretty.

I'm finding that having the extra time to get to know these scents makes a big difference in what I will eventually vote for, and end up wearing regularly. This one just skyrocketed to the top of my list, and is only outshone by Jeanne DuVal (which is just swoonworthy gorgeous).
Post Reply