Alabama-Creamy Sweet Flower Bower

Sultry American summer nights, fields warmed by sun, and deep and lush florals.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Alabama-Creamy Sweet Flower Bower

Post by Boudicca »

Floral perfume lovers rejoice! This one is the essence of a hot sticky Southern night at the height of passion with the one who you love. I declare that Alabama is going to allow me free reign with floral accords I have to normally use super sparingly. What a treat! I have woven: pink fizzy mimosa, thick white magnolia, "confederate" jasmine, Mexican tuberose and Martinique gardenia. the effect is eternally woman, unabashedly sexy, and in command. These are all knit together with precious Sacred Frankincense to concoct a bombshell of a fragrance, deep white floral with deep incense leanings. A hypnotic if ever I smelled it. So very sweet, so very profound. Feminine, floral, devastating.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Alabama-Creamy Sweet Flower Bower

Post by katiushka »

Of course, I only got to sampling my bottle the day after Alabama came down, so it won't help people who were considering ordering it before it disappeared :(

Short story - I love it! I was afraid the florals might be too sweet and cloying, but this is PERFECT for hot days. The florals have a slightly salty, almost sea-spray tinge to them, like "Sea Goddess" from Alkemia (I was so sad when that was discontinued!) This is creamier and sexier than Sea Goddess though, and it focuses more on the flowers than what I would call the "sea spray".

Don't be fooled by sniffing this out of the bottle! You might think it smells like high-end shampoo, but just you wait until you put this on and go outside in hot and humid weather! Rawr, this is gorgeous and creamy - both refined and animalistic, just like Southern flowers that bloom at this time of year!

I don't know what else Fabienne has in store for us, but Alabama is a beautiful candidate for the Permanents ^_^ :pom:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Sorry, sugar, all of the states are coming down and retiring when they are through. They will be back for Retours but even the Permanents are leaving after their two weeks in the sun. These are really special. :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka »

Ah, understood - no voting this time around! That makes sense - it is unfair to play favorites with the States that compose our beautiful nation :rose4u: In the meantime, really looking forward to the next batch of lovelies! :frolic:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

fabienne wrote:Sorry, sugar, all of the states are coming down and retiring when they are through. They will be back for Retours but even the Permanents are leaving after their two weeks in the sun. These are really special. :hrt::

Oh I completely misunderstood this. I didn't realize that only small batches were going up and then would come down before the next batch came up. For some reason, I thought it was going to be like past events that were "layered" over the other.

Thanks for clarifying. Now I'm sad I didn't order earlier. :(
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

I did say that in my newsletter on the opener but I think that a lot of people skipped over it. They have to come down. It's been a long and good run for 25 of them but the party has to stop sometime. I have so much stuff in the catalog that trimming the States is a good thing. They will be back at Retour, though. So, no crying, OK? :cry: :violin:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

fabienne wrote:I did say that in my newsletter on the opener but I think that a lot of people skipped over it. They have to come down. It's been a long and good run for 25 of them but the party has to stop sometime. I have so much stuff in the catalog that trimming the States is a good thing. They will be back at Retour, though. So, no crying, OK? :cry: :violin:
Heh. I am already putting Alabama on my Retour list, and look forward to the next set with anticipation!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

I finally wore this for the first time yesterday, after its been in my stash a year. It seemed like it was time!
This is a lovely floral. It reads like it could wear very heavy, very cloying, but it stays light, playful, and almost a little abstract. I am glad I have this bottle as it will be fun to play with.