Odysseus - 100% Natural Perfume Oil

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Odysseus - 100% Natural Perfume Oil

Post by Boudicca » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:35 pm

100% Natural Odysseus is suitable for the adventurer within! A hearty blend reminicent of the mythical Odysseus. Not for the faint of heart. A combination of strength and stamina make for a legendary blend.

Haitian Vetiver, Madagascar Black Pepper, Mitti Attar from India, Guatemalan Cardamom, Madagascar Turmeric, Bulgarian Lavender.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Odysseus - 100% Natural Perfume Oil

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:46 am

This is the standout winner for me in this collection. The opening is a strong and very beautiful woody vetiver, as one would expect from the powerful Odysseus. As the vetiver relaxes, I get nuances of mitti, that lovely dirt-like attar and a spiciness. I cannot pick out individual spices (like you can the cardamon of Pavanne), but there is definitely a presence of them. The lavender is also appearing as the vetiver steps back.

I cannot get my nose away from this! It is also making me crazy because it reminds me of something I know and love. Not another Possets (nor NAVA, BPAL)...possibly a Solstice or classic perfume...hmm. Guerlain Vetiver? Perhaps an old lover? Whatever, this is beautiful. I don't find it too masculine (and this from a rose and fluff girl), although it would probably be considered a traditional male scent. It is also a comforting smell on me. Considerable longivity for a natural. It is fantastic!! :hrt::