Fabienne's First Year Death Anniversary

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Fabienne's First Year Death Anniversary

Post by marisaviola » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:39 pm

Hello, friends,
I just wanted to revive this thread as we approach Fabienne's anniversary on October 2, and we celebrate her life. I thought we could wear Possets on her anniversary, and if anyone feels like doing the 30 day challenge of wearing Possets daily, please share!
:madamex:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:34 am

Thinking of our dear Fabienne today, celebrating her life, and so grateful for her creating Possets Perfume. This time of year when she passed seemed also her favorite time of year and she spoke of Halloween as her favorite holiday. Today I will wear The Golden Diadem in her memory, one of my favorites from her Halloween Inferno collection. :hrt::

churchdoor
a spark
a spark

Post by churchdoor » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:43 am

Frost suddenly overtook this part of the world, a couple nights ago, so in remembrance today I donned Sin-Sin to warm my spirit.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:36 am

Hi, we've been having some conversations on FB regarding Fabienne and her fragrances (and I would so love it if we revive the forum and be more interactive again) but I wondered if anyone knows more about The Girls Love Cha-Cha-Cha. One client asked Tom and Jennie about it but they did not know of it, so perhaps Fabienne had to discontinue it?

Thank you! :pumpha: :rose4u: :bchamp:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:03 pm

Today I am wearing Portrait of Christina of Denmark by Possets Perfume in memory of Fabienne. This is a perfect cold, dry, green and stone-like scent for our unseasonably hot 97 degrees Fahrenheit weather today. Fabienne did these types of fragrances skillfully. Drawing from her own writings:

"Henry VIII had just become a widower after Jane Seymour died, and was feeling lonesome. He commissioned his court painter, Hans Holbein, to do a portrait of the eligible Christina of Denmark as a potential mate. Though Christina stood for the portrait, she declined to be considered by Henry, citing that she fancied to keep her head on her shoulders! She was beautiful and I have often looked at her portrait in admiration. I imagine that she had terrific taste in perfume and I would have loved to present this to her, though it is very hard to describe. I have to say that it is the essence of stone, with an extreme mineral facade. There is a beautiful animalic side to Christina which is prettied up by a goodly portion of styrax and grey musk. Stunning, musky, and sexy in a dignified way (if you can imagine that!) "viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2560&p=40586&hilit ... ark#p40586

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:30 am

I have pulled out all of my Possets and am planning to wear them this month.

Very sorry for the confusion of The Girls Love Chai Chai Chai (I remembered it as Cha Cha Cha)

Today I have been wearing Black Prince (Lavender, black musk, artemesia) which is a stunning dark lavender. It reminds me a bit of Dark Lady (Lavender, moss, neroli, vetiver, earth and clove) n that it is a "dark" lavender, but they are two totally different perfumes.

Marisaviola, thank you for encouraging us to share our scents. I, too, am very fond of Christina of Denmark.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:25 am

It's nice to hear from you, Minh Scent, and you inspire me to keep on wearing some fragrances to celebrate Fabienne this October/Halloween month!

I love both of those you mentioned the Dark Lady and Black Prince--Fabienne did complex lavender blends so well, and also chypres, which in Dark lady it reminds me of a combination of both those genres. Black Prince is a favorite of mine, as is Mordred's Passion which is also complex.

Today it's actually looking more like autumn here after being unseasonably warm the past days--I think we'll be down in the high 60's Fahrenheit with overcast and some rain coming. So I might try the Scent of Night today...love that one for its atmosphere and the spikenard note that Fabienne built into its structure! From Fabienne's information: "Hyssop, violet leaf, spikenard, red cedar, dark brown musk, and fallen leaves. Night night night in a bottle. Beautiful, mystical, glorious, dry, musky, strong, sexy, heady, narcotic, unforgettable. "

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:01 am

Marisaviola, you mentioned Scent of the Night. It is an absolute favorite! Although Fabienne's gourmands are well loved, for me it is her chypres and fougeres that I cannot resist.

I have ordered Mordred's Passion for the retour. Somehow that one got past me.

Today I am wearing Sorrow (Galbanum, Posset’s chypre, amber) which is simple and lovely.

I ant to organize my Possets this week. I had them according to when I got them, but I want to shift them around to either collections or notes.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:43 pm

That sounds like a grand idea, Minh Scent! I've been trying to figure out a way myself on how to maximize putting them together so that I can reach for a note or type more easily, as I think that would help me with wearing them and cycling them more regularly.

During the retour of Fall 2017, I got some favorites that I had gotten decants from through Angi at Ajevie--Honey-tongued Devils, The Golden Diadem (does not seem to be available this time around?) and The Whirlwind of Lust. I recommend all of these!

I'm with you on the fougeres and chypres, Minh Scent! I noticed for the first time tonight that Flattery besides honey and pepper is spoken of being chypre--has anyone tried this one?

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:38 am

I have decants of Honey Tongued Devils and Diadem. They might still be available. I just looked at my notes for Honey Tongued Devil and I wrote: "Very lovely on second try. The dead leaves are rather odd in the start but the dry down in so sophisticated." Last year I ended up with a big bottle of Whirlwind of Lust. Yes, very pretty, Marisaviola. I love the fig, cacoa and musk combo. Fabienne was strong with her musks, too.

Hmm...no, Flattery has gotten past me!

Today I am wearing Frida Kahlo (Carnation, Black Pepper, golden amber, golden musk). It is so sexy..carnation and musk...mmm. I like Fabienne's carnations as well. This one and Summer (Mucha) are standouts, but she has many more. They are on the same (high) bar for me as Solstice Scents Estate Carnation. Other favorite Posset carnation- Pre-Raphilite Seductress (reminiscent of Summer, but creamier), Silver Carnation, Autumn (Vivaldi).