What are your Favorite Books?

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

My usual reading is true adventure travel books, neuroscience, and buddhism, but for light, fun reading, I'm a fan of Alexander McCall Smith. He's best known for the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series (and there are at least a dozen books in that series now), but almost nobody talks about his Isabel Dalhousie series, which I adore. My true adventure favorites are anything by Jon Krakauer, "Between a Rock and a Hard Place" by Aron Ralston, and "Shooting the Boh" by Tracy Johnston. Those books are a bit more intense, but totally engaging.
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

I love urban fantasy. Sadly I am done with all of neil gaiman's stuff, it's like popcorn. Favourites are Anansi boys, Good Omens and American Gods.

I also like Unlondon (childrens book really but I liked), and Perdito street station by china mieville.

Jitterbug perfume was pretty good too, as was the third policeman.

Still looking for an upbeat urban fantasy seriel geared at adults that isnt obessed with detective work, sex or depressive-dark.
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by chinacat »

Some of my favorite authors are: Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, Joyce, Dickens and Austen. I like mysteries if they're not too grim or gory. I also like to read books about current events, history, photography, and health.:wink:
tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne »

I echo chinacat basically :)