The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:51 am

I thought it would be fun to see what everyone was wearing on a daily basis in order to see what's "trending" in perfume. It always interests me to see what the rest of the world likes. Of course the main focus will be Possets, but if you layer them with something else and it's a good combo that would be fine to know as well for curiosity's sake :) I have several regular perfumes that I've found layer beautifully with Possets and help each one last much longer than if they were on their own. So I'll start, and hopefully others will enjoy a thread like this and join in!

Today, I've got on: The Great Notary Public of Babylon and Ava Luxe Love's True Bluish Light layered. Gorgeous, I might add :) What a combination. It tempers the sweetness of Love's and adds a bit of sweetness to Notary that's sex-ay as can be. I've caught several people in a store sniffing at me when I wear this :)

What are you wearing today everyone?

thesibylqueen
archangel
archangel

Post by thesibylqueen » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:54 am

Sounds amazing -- I would be one of those sniffers, I think!

I haven't exactly layered my scents, but when I'm trying to discern how a scent grows on me -- and I've got a ton of bottles -- I wear a different scent on each side of the body. Sometimes they mingle pleasantly -- Hennin and Luminaria, for example, was a kind of sweet, spicy, floral that got me some attention yesterday! -- and sometimes they're just odd! (Neptune and Mary Shelley!)
My swap/sell list as well as my wishlist: http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 1491#p1491

wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 am

Today, I'm wearing the Walled Garden for a full day's wear via diluted spritzer. The only bad thing about that is the sprayer mechanism is faulty so I got a stream instead of a spray which means no dispersion. -_- That being said, The Walled Garden is just as lovely, if not more so, than when I tested it full strength. It's a lovely creamy, sweet coffee. Not too strong. I really like it a lot.

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:14 am

Today I'm wearing the great notary public of Babylon.

samhthann
primordial
primordial

Post by samhthann » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Samarkand--and I smell like I've walked into a new age store. It's mostly nag champa on me, but I love that!
Where are we going and why am I in this basket?

simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Post by simonetta.vespucci » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:48 pm

i'm wearing the first of my new madame x bottle (which accompanied my yulies). i'd forgotten, the mme is very honeyish and heady when new! feels youthful on this *cough40yearoldcough* lady.

samhthann, i wish i got that from samarkand. on first wearing, i definitely didn't. but i am a stubborn perfume tryer, so will give it another shot soon!

tarayvonne
virtues
virtues

Post by tarayvonne » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:40 am

Darlin', you're never too old for a good Posset :) I love the ones that make me feel even younger, speaking of which I'm wearing Churpz today-pear vanilla custard yumminess that is very youthful and I love it! I turned 34 a couple days ago and this smells like childhood to me :)

pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by pink.dot » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:49 am

I'am wearing Mudra today. It's a nice day scent. But what I love lately is All sinners day. I don't have a 5ml but I think I have to get one or a 10 ml when it becomes available again :X

wl552
powers
powers

Post by wl552 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm wearing Bar Sinister today.

chinacat
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by chinacat » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm wearing Montana Sky. It smells like cherry incense, the good quality kind, not the sort that literally goes up in smoke. I like it.