The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Jennie
a spark
a spark

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Post by Jennie »

Boudicca, how are the Biker guys? I was thinking about you the other day. What kind of bikes do they ride? I don't know very much about motorcycles. My husband, Tom had a race bike when we first met. I wasn't really into it but, he certainly loved it. I tend to be like Minh scent and prefer the hippie bicyclist type. Although, I do have a secret fantasy to be on the back of Old Harley with a gorgeous man in a leather jacket.

I hope you are enjoying all of the dating stuff. I know it can get overwhelming. Take your time, be choosey! Any of those guys would be lucky to be with you !!!

Jennie :hrt::
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Zoddammit! I typed up a thorough reply, should have posted right away, screw the preview. But I went for the preview and it went to hell or limbo or something.

Anyway. Biker guys are like any other guys. There's all sorts of them! The bikers ride bikes :) that's the main difference.

Biker #1 has been busy with work and other things so is out of the picture at the moment. Biker # 2 is working crazy hours -- why do I always go for the guys with crazy hours? -- but still... There's a run this weekend and I'd like to go. He hasn't mentioned it yet. Don't like those "wait til the last minute" kind of guys. And the latest ex is still ex & we're being friends because we are mature civilized adults (yeah, sure) and I don't know how good of an idea that is.

Biker guys still have a chance but not if they don't step up. Got a pilot interested in me. We seem to have a lot to talk about so far though we haven 't met. But he's interested. And good looking. And all sorts of other traits I like in a man. And Jennie, it may sound like fun but trust me, you don't want to be out there dating again. It's... challenging.

My impression of Quantum Intersect was maybe one of the better "reviews" I gave. Beyond too late to try to replicate the original post. Will try to review some of my favs from previous Spring Collections.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Boudicca, I am in awe of your courage. I think I average about one date every three years.

Which is all the more of a shame because I am smelling so darn sexy because of Possets and it's just going to waste! :fez: I wore Diamond today, one of my retour purchases, and it's got this subtle sexiness to it, very lovely.

ETA: Now trying Quantum Interconnect, which I was a little worried about buying blind, but it's so lovely! Wet, it has a pungency that reminds me of Whirlwind of Lust--one that I love so much I bought *three* backup bottles of it during its original release--but on skin it settles down into something smooth and beautiful. I do love Fabienne's black musks so. I'm going to adore getting to know this better. I'm already sensing a backup bottle in my future.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I'm so glad you like QI! And yes,that black musk is fabulous! :hrt::

NOT on the bike run today. Oh well. No Goldwings, choppers, or Harleys for me.

Had Thursday off & met the pilot for lunch. We really hit it off. Going out for dinner later. Howl is usually the ace up my sleeve, but I want to switch it up a little. I've got Salome on, Zod this is beautiful! I've been meaning to revisit more from the various Spring collections but I'm in a Femme Fatale mood :wink:

And Petticoats, I'm not sure if it's courage, stupidity, or nihilism. Oh well, I'm rolling with it for now.
:rofl:

ETA: Am I the only one who spends more time figuring out what perfume to wear than time figuring out an outfit? What AM I going to wear?
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Well, who needs men when we have perfume?

Seriously Boudicca and Petticoats, I hope you are blessed with companionship worthy of your good-smelling selves. The only one of my (9 million) perfumes my husband notices is a Possets- Pavanne. I think the cardamon reminds him of sweets he is fond of.

Today wearing Lady in Her Own Right. I had it from the original issue. Wow, powerful and sexy white floral that settles into a gorgeous waxiness. Wax is one of my favorite notes. Fabienne didn't use it much and I am always tickled when I find one.

I love Salome, too, Boudicca. And if it makes you feel better, I spend a lot of brain cells on choosing scent, too. It gets complicated because I coordinate lotion, bptp hair gloss and edp along with the oils. Keeps me out of trouble.

Glad you mentioned Quantum Interconnect, Petticoats, as that will be on my order. I don't have the luxury of using Ajevie's (bless her) decants, as things get held up forever in my post office.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Not wearing but I have Sorrow in my oil burner thing. Which is in my room. Which is smelling incredible. It was a random choice, but random can be amazing.

Today I wore Fibonacci Curve from the Sacred Geometry collection. If you like "softer" incense, or are a newbie to incense, get this! Check out the reviews, I raved about this one. With good reason.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Went with the obvious for the day -- Zombie!
I may burn in hell for that but have already been punished as I spilled about half the bottle on my desk. Zoddammit!
Marshmallows & smoke is a beautiful thing though.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Hmm...I don't think I have put any Possets in a burner yet.

I don't like reducer caps, but I can see how they stop spillage. Sorry for your spill, Boudicca!

Today I am wearing Pre Raphalite Seductress. It is in the same family as Mucha (Summer). Wow! They are really similar!!! Maybe Seductress is a tad creamier. I love this scent and Summer Mucha is one of my faves.
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I've been especially stressed out recently. I've been training a new guy at work, and I've been having trouble sleeping--anxiety issues, and maybe a little too much caffeine--and I ordered a custom weighted blanket to try and help with the latter. While I wait for it to be made, I've been wearing Id a LOT. It's made up of two very comforting things, lavender and chocolate (and I think there's a tot of vanilla in there as well). Good times.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Went with the obvious for the day -- Zombie!
I may burn in hell for that but have already been punished as I spilled about half the bottle on my desk. Zoddammit!
Marshmallows & smoke is a beautiful thing though.
Ahahahahahahahahahah! *choke wheeze sputter Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You just made my day (even if I am late, I knew what you were referencing).
warriortwo wrote:I've been especially stressed out recently. I've been training a new guy at work, and I've been having trouble sleeping--anxiety issues, and maybe a little too much caffeine--and I ordered a custom weighted blanket to try and help with the latter. While I wait for it to be made, I've been wearing Id a LOT. It's made up of two very comforting things, lavender and chocolate (and I think there's a tot of vanilla in there as well). Good times.
I'm so sorry you are dealing with so much stress. Big hugs to you. Hopefully things will settle down soon! Indigo is my go-to when I'm stressed. It's interesting to me how many of the Possets lavender perfumes seem to become our "safe space" when we need them.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!