The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Post by Minh Scent »

Ah, so you did get the Spanish Dancer, Marisaviola! I am glad you like it! I won't be getting my Yule Retours until at least mid-January. (I just hope they make it!) Last night I was wearing Clara's Party and could happily slather it. I only have about a half decant left in the bottle. This is such a comforting scent to me.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

Yes, it's gorgeous! I've been hearing so much about Clara's Party I ordered a small decant through Angi. I am looking forward to trying it so I can decide whether to get a bottle or not. I wondered, does anyone know the end date for the Yule Retour?

I hope your bottles arrive safely, Minh! :hrt::
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I'm so glad you're enjoying Spanish Dance, marisaviola! I'm glad you're giving Clara's Party a try too. That is one of my most reached-for possets in winter.

Lately I've mostly been rotating Pachelbel's Canon, Mona Lisa, and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy--so different from each other and all so lovely. Today I'm getting reacquainted with Sahelian Kingdom, which I don't wear often because it's kind of subtle and I am not usually about subtlety. :D It's really lovely, though, and comforting. It would be heavenly mixed with some unscented lotion to put on my hands at bedtime--I might have to do that.

The cold weather in Atlanta (with actual, for-real snow!) made me get out some cold-weather favorites from the permanents: Chocolate Incense and The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba. So glad I have these.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Tom
mortal
mortal

Post by Tom »

marisaviola wrote:Yes, it's gorgeous! I've been hearing so much about Clara's Party I ordered a small decant through Angi. I am looking forward to trying it so I can decide whether to get a bottle or not. I wondered, does anyone know the end date for the Yule Retour?

I hope your bottles arrive safely, Minh! :hrt::
We plan to keep the Yule Retour up until mid January!
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

Thank you for that information, Tom!
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Yes, thank you, Tom! And thank you, Marisaviola for your post office wishes! Today I am wearing 1812 Overture which is such a classic. I am not even a big fan of leather and I love it!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Petticoats wrote: Lately I've mostly been rotating Pachelbel's Canon, Mona Lisa, and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy--so different from each other and all so lovely.
Funny, I just ordered Pachelbel's and Spanish Dancer because they are ones that keep calling me partly due to your reviews lol. I suspect I'm going to adore them.

(Also finally grabbed Alabama--so incredibly stoked about that one. Will have to do a review as soon as I get it.)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Love Spanish Dance! Not sure about Pachelbel's Canon, I may or may not have a decant?
The freaken fragrance ban at work is frustrating the F*ck out of me.
Wore Cambienne: Burning Snow when I went out for drinks tonight. It was a hit, of course. Like I've said, this is Cambienne time of year for me and I love Burning Snow when I'm cold... which is basically always.
:snow:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, I love the Cambiennes at this time of the year, too! For me, it is Dark Festus. They only get better with age.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Maya wrote:
Petticoats wrote: Lately I've mostly been rotating Pachelbel's Canon, Mona Lisa, and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy--so different from each other and all so lovely.
Funny, I just ordered Pachelbel's and Spanish Dancer because they are ones that keep calling me partly due to your reviews lol. I suspect I'm going to adore them.
I haven't actually tried Spanish DanceR (though it sounds intriguing), so you'll have to tell us what it's like! The one I'm so fond of is Spanish Dance from the Nutcracker.

Today I'm back to the gorgeous Clara's Party. I can never stay away from it for long.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.