The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Post by Petticoats » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Today I layered Clara's Party and Russian Dance for a double gingerbread whammy. It's glorious!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:11 am

Midnight Mass at Old St Mary's. This and Arrival of the Queen of Sheba were my first Possets and I remember the thrill!

This time of year is when we are missing those dear to us. Boudicca, sending you hugs for your Ribbands memory. Sending all my Possets friends hugs for the seasonal crinkles of the heart. :hrt::

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Minh Scent wrote:This time of year is when we are missing those dear to us. Boudicca, sending you hugs for your Ribbands memory. Sending all my Possets friends hugs for the seasonal crinkles of the heart. :hrt::
Yes, big hugs to you, Boudicca, and to all you dear Possetiers. :hug:

I had to go scent-free for the Christmas portion of the day since my dad is sensitive to fragrance, but now the evening is mine and I can anoint myself with all manner of scented loveliness. One of the perks of living alone: I cater to no one's sensitivities but my own!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Petticoats wrote:
Minh Scent wrote:This time of year is when we are missing those dear to us. Boudicca, sending you hugs for your Ribbands memory. Sending all my Possets friends hugs for the seasonal crinkles of the heart. :hrt::
Yes, big hugs to you, Boudicca, and to all you dear Possetiers. :hug:

I had to go scent-free for the Christmas portion of the day since my dad is sensitive to fragrance, but now the evening is mine and I can anoint myself with all manner of scented loveliness. One of the perks of living alone: I cater to no one's sensitivities but my own!
Thank you both :hug: Mostly it wasn't too bad to deal with this year cuz I've been stressing about other things. My baby leaves tomorrow for Basic Training. Fuck, I didn't cry all day. Til now.

Anyway. (Shaking it off.)
I did go with Burning Xmas Tree this morning but when I got home I reached for Midnight Mass at Old St. Mary's. So Minh, we're scent twinsies today kind of, sort of... time zones, ya know?
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Panic. Need I explain?

It is a gorgeous scent. Anyone who's placing an order while the Yules are still here should definitely consider it.

ETA: Doing better than I thought I would.

Wondering if layering Hungarian Rhapsody with Panic would be good.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Oh, gosh Boudicca, you have a kid going off to basic training. That must be very scary indeed and I can see why you would reach for Panic.

Today Hallelujah for me. Pretty sexy for a religious song. HA!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:26 pm

Minh Scent wrote:Oh, gosh Boudicca, you have a kid going off to basic training. That must be very scary indeed and I can see why you would reach for Panic.

Today Hallelujah for me. Pretty sexy for a religious song. HA!
My only kid. I'm proud as hell but without getting into politics I'd feel better if we had a different Commander in Chief.
He's in Georgia, called me from the airport in Atlanta this afternoon. Their cell phones will be taken away in the next day or two. At least the weather is better there. Cold AF in MN.

Anyway. On topic sort of, I'm actually wearing a frimp from that other place. My bestie and I were giving each other goofy sox for Xmas. Today a package from BPTP arrived with multiple pairs of socks and some frimps. So, a little testing. I just added some Hungarian Rhapsody because I'm exploring the layering potential. It has much potential.

I think I'll go with Hallelujah tomorrow. It's been a while.
:gnome:
Just because, gnomes

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:49 am

Boudicca wrote: My only kid. I'm proud as hell but without getting into politics I'd feel better if we had a different Commander in Chief.
He's in Georgia, called me from the airport in Atlanta this afternoon. Their cell phones will be taken away in the next day or two. At least the weather is better there. Cold AF in MN.

Anyway. On topic sort of, I'm actually wearing a frimp from that other place. My bestie and I were giving each other goofy sox for Xmas. Today a package from BPTP arrived with multiple pairs of socks and some frimps. So, a little testing. I just added some Hungarian Rhapsody because I'm exploring the layering potential. It has much potential.

I think I'll go with Hallelujah tomorrow. It's been a while.
:gnome:
Just because, gnomes
Ah, that loss of contact is hard. I am an apolitical hippie, however, when I went to Japan after that last horrendous tsunami, I got a whole new view of the US military. I absolutely loved the young American men there, working their hearts and bodies out helping clean the place up. They were so hardworking, disciplined and polite. I am sending protective vibes to your son. May he only be in situations to help and may he always be safe. :hrt::

Today Silver Carnations. To help me not order Ruinous Reputation.

You are bating me with Hungarian Rhapsody. The only thing I would layer it under is a rock! HA!
:trout: I have no idea what this emoji means...just response to the gnome! :hug:

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:35 pm

I didn't get to Hallelujah til today, and you are correct, Minh -- it's way sexy for its name!
Will have to slather about half an hour before the BF gets back from cards.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 pm

On vacation with a handful of poppets, imps and other decants. Today, Triangulation. Mmm very pretty and light.