The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Post by Minh Scent »

St. Fabian. This has special meaning for me, because I got it two Januaries ago when I was in the US for just a few days. Fabienne sent it to my hotel as quick as she could. I can still see her beautifully written words- "I think you will like this". She was right. I do! A lovely, lovely rose. Actually, I have been wearing this for two days.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Arabian Dance for me today. Warm, cozy, delightful. I think I put this one aside when I first got it because it was too clove-ish. However, I suspect that settling has worked its magic, and this is now utterly perfect on a warmish winter day that is giving the promise of spring, but still keeping that cozy aspect of warming up in in something fuzzy and soft in winter.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Cambienne: Burning Snow. Because the weather is totally sucktastic in MN. At least I made it home in only an hour.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

HopHeads because I need the smell of caffeine fumes to get me through the afternoon and it is too late in the day to drink it. Wow, is this aging beautifully.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I went with Fondly when I got home from work. I'm so glad I got this during this Retour! My initial comment on it mentioned throw & longevity issues and I was correct in assuming some aging would improve that.
I revisited the reviews of it. Someone mentioned Fireflies, and yes, that was one of my first thoughts this evening before even looking at reviews. It's different enough though that I'm glad I have both. Someone (or more than one) mentioned the "white cake" vibe it has. I don't care much for white cake myself generally, it's just not worth the calories as far as I'm concerned. This I like though. It's on the subtle side; I think I could wear a dab of this to work and still fly under the radar.
Fondly :hug: :star: :hrt::
Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat »

Hungarian Rhapsody. With my cat in the hospital, I really need something comforting. The description is so perfect. It is cozy without being cloying or common. The scent is like nothing I have ever smelled but it has just the right silage to wrap me up in comfort and waft up to me softly when I start to become anxious again. And it lasts all day. Love.
:eyeroll:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

OK, I really have to retry to retry Hungarian Rhapsody. Quite a few people like it and I just saw Margowhat's comment on it. I have no sensitivities to perfume and a strong stomach. This is the only perfume of the 5 katrillion I have smelled that I had a negative reaction towards. I actually gagged. It has been sitting in the box at least two years and when I have some space (to recover if I need to), it needs retested. The notes are all my win ones.

Meanwhile today, Samarkand in honor of Uzbekistan winning the Asian Cup, just to show I am not a poor loser. I hate sports in general, but I do love Vietnam and sorry they lost the final. This is a great perfume...musky, resiny with some tea and incense. And in the Pernaments.

Magowhat...hope your kitty will be ok.

Boudicca, you do not strike me as thr type to "fly uner the radar". HA! :hrt::
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Minh Scent wrote:
Boudicca, you do not strike me as thr type to "fly uner the radar". HA! :hrt::
Yeah, I totally take the fragrance ban at work as a personal affront. :cuss:

I've been testing/retrying various things today. If I ever get a shower I may have to go with Meat Candy afterwards. A friend sent me this link today:
http://drinksfeed.com/bacon-shot-glasse ... th-whisky/
I so need this in my life :rofl:
Meat Candy layered with Forbidden Delight? Going to have to try that....
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Venus Black.
I have not worn this in a while and holy cow I forgot how sexy it is!!
Waiting for the man to get home, I want to get his reaction.
Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat »

Thanks, Minh. We weren't able to save him. He will be deeply missed and fondly remembered. I could see how Hungarian Rhapsody would cause your type of reaction. I would call that the cilantro effect. You love it or hate it. Also, thanks for the recommendation for St. Fabian. I don't have any rose in my collection because I have rose-soaping chemistry. St. Fabian is so gorgeous. It doesn't turn to soap but also doesn't have much longevity. It may need to rest.

Boudicca- thanks for championing Meat Candy. I picked it up with St. Fabian, Osmium and Pachbel's Cannon. Meat Candy IS chocolate and bacon but it is also SO much more. I get a floral with the chocolate and a gorgeous musk that mixes with the smoke. So happy to have it in my collection. I'm looking forward to what is in store for the next release.
:eyeroll: