The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Post by funkmoppet2 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Boudicca wrote:The weather was really nice today so I decided to revisit something from last Summer's collection, Blood Orange Gelato (Sicilian Seduction). How/why this did not make the permanent catalogue is beyond me. When I dabbed some on this AM, I got an invigorating blast of citrus which I really needed! The dry down is amazing. Not sure why I haven't worn this one more often.
Should have my order from this collection Friday and will share more thoughts then :star:
There were so many from that collection that should have made permanent, but yeah, it will forever stump me how Blood Orange Gelato lost out.

I made a random selection this morning and landed on Partus. Huffing my wrist was heavenly and I thought "ah, I must have gushed about this one, I forget what I said about it". Found my review and it's like I was reviewing a completely different blend than the one I'm now smelling. Aging magic strikes again! I'd like to think the same might happen for Funeral March Of A Marionette, but the tea rose still frightens me when I sniff from the bottle.

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris » Sat May 30, 2015 9:28 am

Taj.
I didn't like this at all when I first tried it, but it' s grown into something very lush, a pretty complicated jasmine. :hrt::

Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose » Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 pm

Beethoven's Fifth - I was initially disappointed by it (the aged patchouli), but now I love it. Today was a sleepy day, and that burst of lime and spiciness just wakes me up.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Mmmmmmistress of Power. I haven't worn it in forever, and now my bottle is nicely aged. It was two years ago this month that I discovered Possets, and I think MoP was among my first bottle purchases. This has become so gorgeously dark and decadent. A stranger stopped me to ask what I was wearing and where she could get it. I was happy to spread the Possets gospel!
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Petticoats wrote:A stranger stopped me to ask what I was wearing and where she could get it. I was happy to spread the Possets gospel!
I have to admit that I get stopped more often when I'm wearing Possets and told I smell amazing and asked what I'm wearing than when I wear any other perfume. Of course, I'm often wearing Possets, but I also do (shhhh don't tell my Possets drawer) wear other things now and then. Without fail, it's when I'm wearing Possets that people tell me they just want to follow me all day because I smell amazing. It's always such a happy moment for me.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Arc of Venus from last night. After my shower it'll be howl, for a job interview

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:46 am

Gelato: Blood Orange today, for the first time since its release. Aging a treat. The blood orange hasn't lost any of its juiciness and the creamy gourmand notes supporting it are delicious. I am just so very glad I grabbed a bottle of this. I don't own many purely-foodie blends but this one would have been welcome in a bigger 10ml bottle.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:58 pm

I needed an emotional boost and found myself pulling out Silver Chypre. I never loved chypres the way I do until I came to Possets. Now, I feel compelled to buy anything that says chypre in it. Sooooo goooood!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Heka. It smells like my friend. Like Fabienne liquefied her and poured her into glass vials. Based on the notes, it shouldn't smell like her. I'd give her the sample, but she wouldn't try it based on the notes. I feel like I put on the wrong skin, like I'm in hers instead of mine. Kinda disconcerting.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:24 am

Just drained the last drop of Arrival of Queen of Sheba. (No worries, have another bottle waiting.) Although it has three vanillas, it is the sandalwood that wows me in this. Beautiful, creamy, with a bit of my dear friend Frank, suede, some patch. It is both sexy and grounding. There is nothing foody about it, yet I feel edible when I wear it.