The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: The "What are you wearing today and general impressions of it" thread :)

Post by Minh Scent »

OMG...first of all, I am aghast at the growing number of bacon fans among you!!! Boudicca, this must be your doing!!! Not to be trusted! HA! Well, what can you expect from someone who is not allowed to wear perfume to work. That is AWFUL...I feel for you and would be quietly rebelling. (I am the soft spoken passive aggressive type!)

Venus Black is AMAZING! That pear note! To me it smells like a "traditional" perfume, but taken up a notch. One of my favorite Possets. Did it get your fellow's approval?

My Retours JUST ARRIVED yesterday on a slow boat through China! But they are all here in one piece. I got only bottles and mini-bottles this time. First up- Moonbux! GAH! This needs to be a permanent!! (Don't we have a thread somewhere to annoy Tom and Jennie about this... I mean advocate for this???) I have most of Fabienne's coffee perfumes. This one is strong in that note, a bit foody (usually not my thing) and mouthwatering.

Margowhat, I am so, so sorry about your kitty. Losing our beloved companions is such a difficult passage in life. I hope your kitty didn't suffer too much and I know he felt your love. They always do. I just lost my 20+ year old this past November and am still grieving.

I am glad the St Fabian is working for you. I have heard a lot of praise for Fabienne's rose notes from people who are not rose fans. Me, I was accused of "smelling like a god-damned funeral parlour" at an early age, so not always the best judge on rose scents! :rofl:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

#TeamBacon

I went with Gingerbread Whorehouse today. It was probably my 3rd FB from Possets and I haven't reached for it lately. I applied a fair amount but thought it was still on the faint side. Since then, I keep getting random wafts of it though. Awesome. Beautiful.
Perfume is Magick.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

I love the way perfume ages as well, Boudicca. Gingerbread Whorehouse pushes my foodie limits, but I do like it.

Talking about the edge of foodie...got my replacement bottle for Clara's Tea Party and I am happy to report it is as good as my original bottle. It is actually one of my sleep scents. Which is indicative about how much fun I am at a tea...or any...party! HA!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Grabbed Andromeda today. I'm smelling pretty cuddly IMO :hrt::
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

My Valentine Retours just came in. Today I am trying Evita Peron which indeed does "suggest violets".
Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat »

Quantum Interconnect today. I'm thrown off by the coffee when I first put this on but within an hour everything is perfectly blended and glorious. Ugh. I smell so sexy. Floral and musky but not high pitched or stanky. Average throw and I can still faintly smell it when I wake up the next day.
:eyeroll:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Margowhat wrote:Quantum Interconnect today. I'm thrown off by the coffee when I first put this on but within an hour everything is perfectly blended and glorious. Ugh. I smell so sexy. Floral and musky but not high pitched or stanky. Average throw and I can still faintly smell it when I wake up the next day.
O, this is one of the scents I got last rpring retour and I was not disappointed!

Today I am comparing lavenders- Amethyst with Silver Lavender. It is always hard to beat out a silver.
Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat »

Wearing Creative Juices today to keep me going. I don't know what I expected when I read the description and had to have it. But this is lovelier and fruitier than I would expect. Maybe it's just me chemistry cause my skin eats it up too. Quite a happy-making fragrance.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

I pulled out Ouiji and it is more beautiful than I remember...good aging. I thought it was a sandalwood scent, but it is cedar. A very beautiful cedar with a touch of rose. I don;t get much of the vanilla, but it adds a smoothness and soft sweetness.
Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat »

Evita Peron. Needed some strength and resolve today. So lovely. It’s powdery which I’ve always shied away from but I really feel grown up when I wear it. Not too strong for work either.