What should I wear today?

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Re: What should I wear today?

Post by Boudicca »

Monday after a long weekend. Help. Help me or shoot me. I'm thinking maybe Tricky because, as I so often say, bacon is such a neglected note in perfumerie. Maybe layer with a coffee scent and make everyone at work want breakfast?

(For anyone wondering, not seeing That Guy from my previous post anymore. But I found a new one :hrt:: )
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:Monday after a long weekend. Help. Help me or shoot me. I'm thinking maybe Tricky because, as I so often say, bacon is such a neglected note in perfumerie. Maybe layer with a coffee scent and make everyone at work want breakfast?

(For anyone wondering, not seeing That Guy from my previous post anymore. But I found a new one :hrt:: )
The Monday after Thanksgiving always feels like it needs extra oomph and snuggle to me. I hope you found just the thing!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

What to wear today?? I saw my last post and thought, "Hmmmm, bacon?"
Probably go with an actual Yule from some year or a Cambienne....

ETA: I'm thinking Gingerbread Whorehouse cuz the name makes me giggle and I may need that today.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, you guys and your bacon crack me up!!! I told myself to drag myself away from the Midnight Mass...hmm, Boughs or Ribbands??
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Oh Zod... haven't posted in this thread for almost a year and here we are back at the Monday after Thanksgiving again! I was considering wearing Bandit tomorrow til I revisited this thread. But now I'm liking the coffee & bacon idea again! The new administration at work got the lame idea that Monday morning meetings were a good idea... really? I can see monthly or even bi-weekly but every week strikes me as overkill. Also, every three weeks we're supposed to come up with a habit to start or quit... someone's been reading some "How To Be An Effective Manager" (ha!) type books.... I started smoking again so I could quit. Don't worry, I got this! Maybe. So, the perfume I need for tomorrow should be something with an "I ain't got time for BS!" vibe.

Thoughts? :trout:
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, my goodness...we have Monday morning meetings, too...and it is the last thing teachers want before they have to get ready to teach the day right after the weekend!!! I would go for a grounding or calming vibe...something woody. Min Min has wood with leather...for some kick.
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola »

My sympathy to both Boudicca and Minh Scent! That sounds ghastly!!! How did it go, Boudicca? I was thinking of Bad Habit--I've not smelled it but loved your description of it in posts and I LOVE the name!! :)
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Lol, the kicker is there is one lady who has a bit of a reaction to perfume but it's OK as long as I don't sit by her. I actually wound up wearing some vintage Bal a Versailles. I don't know why other than I was just in the mood for it. And I rarely wear my alcohol-based stuff these days. But it felt right. At any rate, I survived the meeting but things in the Department are getting a little scary.

Bad Habit is probably a good choice for tomorrow. Min min is sounding good too....

And if you're following the Boy Problems Saga, my update is, "Oh hell! Just shoot me now!"
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Oh, Boudicca, it sounded like things were going nicely on Thanksgiving with him...hope it is just a small blip.

Thanks for the sympathetic pat about our Monday morning meetings, Marisaviola!!

Happy December, everyone!!!! I don't know if I should wear Midnight Mass tonight, or if that is jumping the gun.....That was my first Posset.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

dammit... I just ordered a bottle of Howl, because panic. Now I'm reminded that Midnight Mass at Old Saint Mary's is one I've been wanting a FB of, especially at this time of year.
The grade school I went to was St. Mary's and I'm not even Catholic.
I've got about half a poppet though so I should be OK til my next order.

Oh, wore Air on a G-String today. Not really my usual kind of thing but I love it. And the name....
Feeling in the mood for vanilla tomorrow... because weather? Not sure why. Vanilla. I've got a lot of them. Suggestions?

Update: The Boy Situation is maybe looking better again. Maybe. Lol, this dating BS is ridiculous! Bad time of year for it too. Holidays and new SO's are just tricky. Hmmm... maybe I'll wear Tricky tomorrow. Because BACON! :grin: :trout: :hrt::

(I really want a bacon smilie, lol!)