Slightly addicted

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Slightly addicted

Post by fireweaver » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Anyone else having this problem with possets? I just placed an order the other day for bottles of scents I'd fallen for. I was being restrained, I had talked myself out of adding a sample pack. Well, I was rereading the site, and next thing I knew, I'd just placed an order for two sample packs, and was kicking myself for not adding a third! and there are at least two scents from my previous 2 orders I *need* in bottle form. And I still have 5 scents to still try....

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Slightly addicted

Post by Maya » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Welcome to this wonderful and slightly zany, but oh so delightful, world.

Things to note:

1) You are not alone.

2) I bet you smell FABULOUS.

3) Problem? I see no problem here. Nope. :grin:

I did pretty much the same thing when I found Possets. I ordered a sample pack and some bottles, then found myself buying more and more sample packs and more and more bottles. I also LOVE that we get samples with bottle purchases, because it allowed me to explore things I NEVER would have grabbed for myself. Notes I used to hate, I now love. Notes I never would have considered, I now explore. It's a great place. :hug:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:51 pm

thank you! I thought I'd gone nuts over other companies, but I've never wanted to go this nuts ordering before.
The exploring leading to things that never would have been tried? That's exactly how arc of venus is. Lavender has worked in only one other scent. Sandalwood nearly always goes into all moisture removed from skin dry (and amps!) and some musks do not play nice. This blend? One of the prettiest things I've ever smelled. What sorcery is this?

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:42 pm

No, you are definitely not alone, Fireweaver. I just met Possets last December and at that time got a whole army of poppets. I went through every one and liked almost all! Several (about 30??? HA!) are bottle worthy. I just ordered seven more sample packs and am so looking forward to my sniff fest! For me, one of the things that is so attractive (besides the gorgeous scent!) is that they are so reasonably priced, HALF the price of BPAL and NAVA (two other companies I love). Alkemia is also very reasonable, but I have better luck with Possets in terms of perfume. There is something that just "works" with my chemistry. In the 50+ scents I have tried so far, only one got thrown into the oil burner (Sicily, the orange burned my skin and nose).

It is a delightful passion!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:59 pm

I love bpal, but my success rate in the gc here is way better. I'm thrown for a loop because scents that should work, based on notes from bpal, don't always. And notes that shouldn't, are. I'm loving the experiments, my wallet... not as much. And my wishlist. ..oy!

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:14 am

I kicked the addiction for a couple of years, and came back last year and can safely say it takes very little to start the madness again. I've at least stayed away from the rabbit hole that is Bpal this time, and in fact have ignored all the other perfumers I used to buy from and am just sticking with my #1 love Possets. And yet I've still had to force myself to sit on my hands and be sensible because it's just so easy to fill a cart to free shipping and beyond each collection.

I started my indy perfume oil love affair in 2007, and have had one almighty stash cull during my hiatus from buying. In just over a year I've managed to run out of storage space again. ... aaaand of course regretting some of the blends I culled. :tfb:

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:18 am

funkmoppet2 wrote:aaaand of course regretting some of the blends I culled. :tfb:
This is one of my greatest fears for my bottles. I really need to go through my stuff and cull, and I do have quite a few that are simple, "Ehhh no, I can get rid of this." But I deeply fear that I am going to have one that I let go of that will haunt me forever. At least *here* we may possibly get some again through retours, but even then it's not a guarantee.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 pm

If I hadn't exercised self control, my last order would have easily made free shipping. I'm kind of sad I behaved. Although based on success rate, that many samples would have yielded at least 3 winners, which then starts off a new round of needs...

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:54 am

Maya wrote:
funkmoppet2 wrote:aaaand of course regretting some of the blends I culled. :tfb:
This is one of my greatest fears for my bottles. I really need to go through my stuff and cull, and I do have quite a few that are simple, "Ehhh no, I can get rid of this." But I deeply fear that I am going to have one that I let go of that will haunt me forever. At least *here* we may possibly get some again through retours, but even then it's not a guarantee.
It was a sensible cull, as it really was getting rid of blends I never wear or didn't work on me, but some of them were OARs, so there's not even any retour opportunities for reclaiming them. Not that I would, because as I said - sensible culling. They were never going to get worn/work with my skin chemistry. It's the hoarder in me that's having that occasional pang of regret. So long as it doesn't develop into a stab of remorseful panic, I'm good.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Cheer up, OARs do appear during Retours. As long as they have not become discontinued due to ingredient issues they will retour. :2cents:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!