Slightly addicted

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Slightly addicted

Post by funkmoppet2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:52 am

fabienne wrote:Cheer up, OARs do appear during Retours. As long as they have not become discontinued due to ingredient issues they will retour. :2cents:
Noooo don't tell me that Fabienne. Seriously, how will I ever learn if previously-permanent decisions have escape hatches? :spinskull:

(Possible Inez backup tho... I take it back, this is excellent information)

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Haha - I don't see a problem! Possets is wonderful :heartrise:

Apart from the amazing scents (Possets work MUCH better on me than any of the other etailers), I really love the fun, inclusive, erudite and non-judgmental online community that Fabienne has created. One of my pet peeves is when a member of an online perfume community begins snubbing other members with a misplaced "if you don't like this perfume's scent/name/philosophy as much as I do, you're not welcome" attitude. It happens a lot, unfortunately, in other forums - part of the reason that Possets is the only perfume forum I visit now. Personally, I think everyone's opinion is very valuable and informative in figuring out what people like and why they like it, and fostering some really fun discussions :grin:

In addition, a major force in the attraction is that Fabienne's scents are always inspired by flights of fantasy based on some of the best works of art, music, science, history or literature. I really enjoy re-experiencing these works through Fabienne's perfumed vision. And learning about others! For instance, prior to Possets the only work by Edith Wharton I had read was Ethan Frome. I didn't care for that book, and didn't read anything else by her. But Fabienne's Valentine collection made me read (and love!) House of Mirth and, most lately, Age of Innocence. :rose4u:

In the old days, they used to have coffee shops and clubs where like-minded patrons would come together to talk about their favorite subjects. Here, we have Possets :hug:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:35 pm

Oooo, thanks for that, Katiushka, Edith Wharton is wonderful because she tortures her characters to extremes! The poor things, they die of embarrassment but still they live. So with Lily Bart! I liked The Custom Of The Country as well. Age of Innocence I liked but somehow the film didn't do it for me so much as the book despite the fine acting.

Thanks also for the point of non-judgmental forum. I do like to have an open mind here about perfumes. If you don't have an open mind, you never grow, and that goes for so many aspects of life!

Say, did you see that Cincinnati Art Museum is getting Raphael's Woman with a Baby Unicorn soon? Be still my foolish heart! I feel a perfume coming on! :wink:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:51 pm

fabienne wrote:Say, did you see that Cincinnati Art Museum is getting Raphael's Woman with a Baby Unicorn soon? Be still my foolish heart! I feel a perfume coming on! :wink:

:pom:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 pm

That is so amazing that you are getting the painting in Cincinatti! It is so beautiful! You are so, so lucky!

I can't wait if you do a perfume around it :-)

I also wanted to second what Katiushka shared about the openness and positive aspect of the forum. I have lurked in several others but was disturbed by the atmosphere with some threads in particular. I agree that openness of communication about likes and dislikes, and what works for one person and doesn't work for another is so important in really exploring perfume. I like how Maya and Boudicca have really emphasized this in the reviews section to encourage all of us to share our experiences, with no judgements or limitations.

I think being part of the forum is part of what makes Possets so special, besides the perfumes themselves--also I really love Fabienne's art history background and tying the fragrance themes to art, literature, and music with the gorgeous graphics. I have tried a number of Indie and niche fragrance companies in the past few years, and overall have not been really impressed. I have narrowed it down to just a few companies, and Possets is definitely one of my top favorites for quality and complexity of blends. I also really appreciate Fabienne's personal customer service and approachability, and her including us in her journey of evolution and exploration as a perfumer by letting us have input and sharing her thoughts with us.

:star:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:47 pm

And yes, based on how many fragrances I want to try this Retour, I would say I am more than slightly addicted! :snow:

cordelia blythe
mortal
mortal

Post by cordelia blythe » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Yes,totally agree with the rest of you lovely ladies.I found Possets in 2008 & I still consider it the best place for perfumes & Fabienne is THE best perfumer/e-tailer.Due to not always having the budget or time to constantly keep in the possets loop (I have 5 kids & 2 of them have special needs) I am sometimes away for a while but I will always come back.
I was so naughty yesterday & made a 3rd re-tour order.I feel a bit guilty but I know my fellow Possets addicts will understand:)

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:37 pm

cordelia blythe wrote:I was so naughty yesterday & made a 3rd re-tour order.I feel a bit guilty but I know my fellow Possets addicts will understand:)

Naughty? That sounds positively nice to me. Santa should bring you more perfumes just for that. :wink:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

cordelia blythe
mortal
mortal

Post by cordelia blythe » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Ha Ha Ha!! Thanks Maya,it sounds better when you put it like that:) I asked Hubby aka santa for a Possets gift certificate last year but it didn't happen.Maybe if I start asking earlier this year he will remember :grin:

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:13 pm

fabienne wrote: Say, did you see that Cincinnati Art Museum is getting Raphael's Woman with a Baby Unicorn soon? Be still my foolish heart! I feel a perfume coming on! :wink:
Ohh, yes please!!!! See, this is what I mean: I love Raphael, but I have never seen this particular painting until you mentioned it. Google did the rest :grin:

This past week I was on an emergency vacation (a "find yourself" kind of vacation to gain much-needed new perspective after a bad relationship) to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. In Vienna, I saw Raphael's "Madonna of the Meadow". Such emotional light and peace emanates from it! I can see why Michelangelo envied this "golden boy" to whom painting came so easily :trout: