30 Day Possets Challenge

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 30 Day Possets Challenge

Post by Maya » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:55 pm

I'm so sad that I haven't been able to participate at ALL. I was hoping to be able to get in on some of this, but moving has been taking everything out of me.

I hope this is still going on. Even though I couldn't participate, I really enjoyed reading what people were trying.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:11 pm

I also didn't get my act together enough to join in. I did bring my bottle of diamond with me to the cabin over the july 4th weekend. it's beautiful and refreshing in hot summer heat. I was surprised at how much the warmth brought out the musky aspect of the perfume. I typically apply possets when I get home from work to unwind, and this is when the air is on the cooler side. sometimes wearing a scent during the day is like testing a new and wholly different creature.

with the recent heatwave, I've worn the heck out of the grapefruit scents during the past few week, but not with enough variation to jump into this challenge.

however, I am here to cheers everyone on :pom: and hopefully I'll be more disciplined next time this happens!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:16 am

Hey! Y'all can still participate in my random drawing thing that I promised earlier! Wait, sorry, disclaimer: US only. Sorry, but dealing with international shipping stresses me out. Not sure if I'll have the kid draw a name out of a hat or try one of those random number generator things. Didn't think it through. So, if you want to be entered post here with a number. Or a number and a random quote. Or a number and a joke. Number and cute cat pic? Or, like I said, just a number. It doesn't get easier than that.

One lucky winner will have her/his (we don't discriminate or assume around my house) choice of:
Femme Mechante
Black River
JFK & Jackie

These are back up bottles. May have opened one to check how it was aging but otherwise I have not tried them.
The first two are from the Yules 2013 -- Dark Revels. FM is mostly Nag champa on me. BR is for the hardcore incense lover. J&J is from the Valentine Couples 2013 and a bit of a cult fav.

Last chance to enter is T 8/4 -- if I can count (it's late, no promises there) that would be day 30.

Good luck!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:16 pm

I didn't get to complete the challenge, had a vacation that required airplane travel and could only pack s few smellies. I can contribute to the giveaway though! I have a 10ml of Starlight that happened because of a shipping snafu, I will gladly send it on to someone. Never used or opened.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:37 pm

Sweet, hill78!!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:55 pm

I'll do the drawing by the end of the week. I just don't have it together this week -- work is a little crazy and I've been having killer headaches.

Anywho, hope everyone who participated had fun! I'm now back to testing my Summer of Elegance Possets. I'm really enjoying the scary Mayan Queen today!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:04 pm

And the winner is ... KATIUSKA!
PM me your addy and which of the three you'd like :fez:

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:52 am

Boudicca wrote:And the winner is ... KATIUSKA!
PM me your addy and which of the three you'd like :fez:
Wow - thank you so much!! Will do :D

I also want to say thank you for initiating this thirty-day challenge! The discipline was very good for finally trying out all those samples and re-experiencing old loves.
:hrt::

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:54 am

Yay, Katiushka!!! :bchamp: That was fun! Thank you Boudicca and it reved us up for the Retour!!!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:34 pm

Yes, thank you, Boudicca, this was a great idea! I feel like I really got a great education on different Possets. Also, thank you very much to Minh Scent and Boudicca for taking the time and trouble to send me a lovely array of froppets for me to try--this really helped during the Challenge.

Thanks to you both I have been enabled and have gotten some full bottles! As you say, Minh Scent, this really revved me up for Retour! :chase: