Retour recommendations!

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Re: Retour recommendations!

Post by caith_possets » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:03 am

The honey in Hwy 666 is not quite as sweet or heavy or "thick" to me as that in Abraxas but if Abraxas does not work for you it would be a gamble.
Yeah, were I you I'd maybe think about other stuff on my list instead
Thanks Boudicca! Anything that helps me cull my gigantic list is a big help. :hrt::

Melian17
primordial
primordial

Post by Melian17 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:45 pm

A big thanks to everyone who took the time to give advice for this Retour! Alas, I was only able to swing two bottles :cry: as my budget doesn't allow for too many blind buy risks, but I'm very excited to get the ones I chose. First, I had to get Pauline as so many have said it's their absolute favorite coffee scent and a quintessential fall blend. I also went with Petticoats recommendation of Woman for a deep, sexy, statement-making rose. I figured there is very little to risk with Fabienne's coffee and rose notes. Now looking forward to the Halloween scents!! (Unless I can sneak in one more bottle when I get paid on Friday......)

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:00 pm

monday sandalwood question!
happy monday everyone!

Orpheus! vs The Star!
one has lime, the other has fir and peppery spice.

in common they both have mint and sandalwood. do they feel like close kin, or are they dramatically different scents extending even to how the mint and sandalwood behave?

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Melian17 wrote:I also went with Petticoats recommendation of Woman for a deep, sexy, statement-making rose.
Lovely! I hope you adore it. :chase:

I finally made up my mind, with gracious assistance from Boudicca:

Phantome
Sahelian Kingdom
Cassiopeia (backup, since I love this so very much)

...and one more that's a gift for a friend who may be on the forum, so I won't mention the name. :fez:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:05 pm

caith_possets wrote:Can anyone tell me if Highway 666 is very sweet or heavy on the honey? It sounds so good but honey can be such an awful note on me... Abraxas was horrific. :cry:
This is probably too late, but Highway 666 on ME is very very low on the honey (in fact, I had forgotten honey was in there). On me, the Highway is more about the fire and leather, with an undercoat of sweetness. It's mmmmm soooo good.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:48 am

This is probably too late, but Highway 666 on ME is very very low on the honey (in fact, I had forgotten honey was in there). On me, the Highway is more about the fire and leather, with an undercoat of sweetness. It's mmmmm soooo good.
Thanks Maya! Not too late, but now I'm waffling on whether or not to add it to my cart again... :trout:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:50 pm

OK. Put in my order- Black River, Black prince, 14carnations, Apep, Bouquet de la Marechale, Autumn, Anubis, Pauline and Dracula Rising.

Still considering Housewife of Babylon, JFK and Jackie, Bottled Happiness, Sanctum Sanctorum, Joan of Arc, Love Among the Snow Dunes, Antenora, Omar Kayan, Frasnkenscent, Point and Quantum Interconnect.

The Chrysanthemum Haiku and A Small Parcel got my attention, but could not find one review.

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:22 pm

Still considering Housewife of Babylon, JFK and Jackie, Bottled Happiness, Sanctum Sanctorum, Joan of Arc, Love Among the Snow Dunes, Antenora, Omar Kayan, Frasnkenscent, Point and Quantum Interconnect.
Oh Minh, I really think you would love Love Amongst the Snow Dunes! It's one of my all-time favourite scents and if I had the funds I'd buy the vat size of it. And that's coming from someone who generally doesn't even like florals! I think you would also like Housewife of Babylon.

I am so tempted by Frankenscent too, or maybe Balthazar... my Retour list is lacking in resinous scents.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 am

caith_possets wrote:
Oh Minh, I really think you would love Love Amongst the Snow Dunes! It's one of my all-time favourite scents and if I had the funds I'd buy the vat size of it. And that's coming from someone who generally doesn't even like florals! I think you would also like Housewife of Babylon.

I am so tempted by Frankenscent too, or maybe Balthazar... my Retour list is lacking in resinous scents.
:gaah: So many to choose from! I will probably wait til the next retour for my 2nd list, although I am sorry not to have slipped Snow Dunes in. Maybe I will just order it on its own.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

Minh Scent wrote:The Chrysanthemum Haiku and A Small Parcel got my attention, but could not find one review.
I bought a lot, and I mean a lot when I added up my want list and the current season, but I keep coming back to the ones like Chrysanthemum and thinking I should grab a couple more, just for science's sake.

We were in a car accident a few weeks ago though, so I'm trying to not buy much extra just in case medical bills come calling... *decisions decisions
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!