Vacation!

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Vacation!

Post by Boudicca »

So, when packing for vacation how do you deal with your fragrance needs? One favorite bottle? Lots of froppets? I'm leaning towards lots of poppets, because, variety.
Also, I want to have my scent locket but I don't want to have to change it all the time, so I need something in it that would go with a lot of different perfume oils. Silver Oude and Fireflies have come to mind.
I'll be in DC where it will be hot and humid so that should be taken into consideration I guess.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
:hrt::
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Vacation!

Post by Annemathematics »

Many poppets and if you stay with friends, you can leave some and enable
:debbil:
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Yeah, I'm definitely planning on having poppets just for them!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I take a few bottles that I feel fit the location and situations I'll be in, then I take a LOT of samples that cover all range of moods. Although sometimes I try to go for a theme (like citrus) then try to get all ranges of that theme. It usually also depends on how fickle I feel, how needy I am, and what the situations I know I'll be going into make me feel like. For example, for going to the midwest in deep winter for a funeral, I couldn't take enough cozy, cuddly, warm, and soothing fragrances. (Although sometimes I'll throw in a direct opposite of my theme just because I am fickle and tend to be contrary--and it usually goes that on the days I think I most want something cuddly I need something sharp and piercing, or sometimes I think I want citrus and instead I need soothing, etc.).

Fireflies is always perfect in summer. Always. :hrt:: (And, not too oddly enough, so is Luminaria.)
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!