Starting to compile all scent descriptions

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Starting to compile all scent descriptions

Post by Maya » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Since I have no idea what will be happening here at Possets (keeping, closing, etc.), I am going to be compiling all of the scent descriptions. I am hoping that the reviews will somehow still be kept up, but who knows if that will be happening. I was hoping to add the reviews, but want to get the scent descriptions first, so we can be sure we have those and they won't be lost.

I don't know what this will do, and some folks may not care, but if anyone is like me and wants a scent description down the road, I want to be sure we have them. We may not even have a way to keep in touch outside of FB or other perfume forums, but I figure if I grab the descriptions now we may be able to put them someplace down the road if something does happen to this forum.

Still so stunned about everything.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Starting to compile all scent descriptions

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Maya, that is a good idea to have the scent descriptions. I know Fabienne would be happy that her legacy lives on. I

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Yes, definitely - I haven't been on here for a while but I'd be really sad if the descriptions were lost! I'd like to be kept in the loop somehow. I'm Forspecial Plate on the bpal forum....I'm on facebook too....

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Awesome idea Maya :hug:
I've been on & off here lately, usually to re-read reviews.
Let me know if I can help, but give me a couple days to get some things straightened out at work.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:20 am

Thank you Maya.
Tell me if I can help you.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:23 am

There is a lot of information here that would be good to preserve, in terms of notes and reviews. I think this is a pain forum, so not sure when "time will be up"? Just last week, I went into Scentbase to look for a Possets...and it was not there. Does anyone know how stable scent base is and if this is a good place to move things?

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:09 am

Oh, that didn't even occur to me, that we could be losing this precious information. It's still unfathomable. I have tried explaining to people, "I bought perfume from her" and I know that's not exactly conveying why I am so saddened by this. Her community and work was, IMO, much more to her customers than I have experienced with any other perfumer. Thank you, Maya.

celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:42 am

Maya,

If it helps, I started a spreadsheet back when retour was happening. I think I got descriptions for all of the general collection added and had started on some of the limited editions. It's here, unlocked for anyone with the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing.

I wonder if we could move the reviews over to Scentbase for safekeeping? The Possets site itself is registered through December 2017 but I don't know much about this particular forum system.

Amanda

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:02 am

celandine wrote:Maya,

If it helps, I started a spreadsheet back when retour was happening. I think I got descriptions for all of the general collection added and had started on some of the limited editions. It's here, unlocked for anyone with the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing.

I wonder if we could move the reviews over to Scentbase for safekeeping? The Possets site itself is registered through December 2017 but I don't know much about this particular forum system.

Amanda
I am going to keep that link in my pocket. Right now, I'm just madly trying to get things copied over to drive. I kept having issues with the site this morning, and had some really big panicky moments that somehow it was getting hit with a DNS attack or something else was trying to close it down.

The reviews are so valuable, so I'm hoping to be able to get them down at some point too. As I'm going through, I'm also trying to organize them by year (for example all the previous seasonals are a hodgepodge). Once I know I have all the descriptions, I'll start uploading elsewhere. My biggest fear is that if I don't go by order of what is here on the website that I'll miss chunks or full sections, so I want to be sure I've combed through them and have all the ones I can possibly get before I do anything else.

I deeply appreciate the offers. It's a large task.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:10 am

I deeply appreciate the offers. It's a large task.
It's definitely a huge task! I actually started the spreadsheet because I was overwhelmed by the thousands of scents available during retour. >.< The site has been slow for me too this morning but I'm thinking it may just be a lot of people stopping by the forums after hearing the news. If you need help with anything just let us know. <3