Starting to compile all scent descriptions

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Starting to compile all scent descriptions

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:36 am

celandine wrote:It's definitely a huge task! I actually started the spreadsheet because I was overwhelmed by the thousands of scents available during retour. >.< The site has been slow for me too this morning but I'm thinking it may just be a lot of people stopping by the forums after hearing the news. If you need help with anything just let us know. <3
I just looked at your spreadsheet, and I am working from the older fragrances to the newer ones. I wasn't sure if you had gotten some of the newer ones from this year, but if you haven't those would be good for you to add. (I'm paranoid about time frames right now.) Since I'm working backward to forward and you have a lot of the newer ones, if something does happen, between the two of us we should have a lot (if not all) of the descriptions. I hate the thought of losing any of the reviews though.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:16 am

Hi, Maya,

Thank you so much for all you're doing! With reviews, would it be a matter of copying and pasting them on a Word document right now, just to have the text? I am not very technical, but I could get started on a section if you tell me what would be most helpful to you. I'm not really Excel savvy but I use Word a lot. I love your idea of getting this all saved,thank you so much for this. I am grateful for the forum she formed and definitely love your idea of leaving a legacy to live on in her memory. Also this is a great forum and I hate the thought of losing our community. I belong to a forum on Proboards and just looked it up and found out that it's free. It seems to work well, so maybe we can consider that if this shuts down. https://proboards.com/

I know we don't want to disturb the family, but I wondered if there might be a way to reach out to a family member or good friend of hers by email or FB to find out more about the forum status and let them know we're working on this?

Warrior Two, I just had the same situation with trying to describe to someone why I'm so sad. Somehow saying she was my perfumer doesn't really convey it for me.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:42 am

I've gotten started with reviews to try to at least save them in text form. I am putting them on a flash drive and am going backwards in time. I'm currently working on the year 2016 and the Deep winter Femmes Fatales.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Xoxoxoxox! I think, for me, I am most concerned about getting them copied from the website just so we have them somewhere in case this gets shut down.

Thank you!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:40 pm

That sounds good, Maya and I will keep plugging away! You're very welcome and I realized as soon as I read your note this morning how much I value our community and these writings! xxx

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi, I have saved 2016 reviews. I am starting to work on 2015. I almost had a heart attack because Possets would not come up and I thought the site ended. This made me realize that other than three people here on the forum I don't know how to get in touch with anyone if we do get disconnected. So maybe we should compile a voluntary contact list with email addresses? My contact information is Karen Phillips: kmphillips@nc.rr.com--I am happy to put a contact list together so if you would like to email me with your contact information I can start to get a list made up so that we can stay in touch.

I also have an Uber conference account and facilitate having gatherings with another group I'm part of, so maybe at some point it will be helpful to have a conference together if we end up putting together a new community forum. You can call in to the conference room or you can get in by computer. I would offer to open up my room for that if we want to get together and support one another and talk.

My Word document is acting a bit strange so hopefully it all will be saved properly. Anyway, on to working on 2015! The good thing is that all the descriptions are also in with each section of reviews, so we're getting extra coverage.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:02 am

Maya what a great idea. Let me know if I can help too. Reviews and descriptions need to be saved, if we can, definitely. I'm in shock as well.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:04 am

marisaviola wrote:Hi, I have saved 2016 reviews. I am starting to work on 2015. I almost had a heart attack because Possets would not come up and I thought the site ended. This made me realize that other than three people here on the forum I don't know how to get in touch with anyone if we do get disconnected. So maybe we should compile a voluntary contact list with email addresses? My contact information is Karen Phillips: kmphillips@nc.rr.com--I am happy to put a contact list together so if you would like to email me with your contact information I can start to get a list made up so that we can stay in touch.

I also have an Uber conference account and facilitate having gatherings with another group I'm part of, so maybe at some point it will be helpful to have a conference together if we end up putting together a new community forum. You can call in to the conference room or you can get in by computer. I would offer to open up my room for that if we want to get together and support one another and talk.

My Word document is acting a bit strange so hopefully it all will be saved properly. Anyway, on to working on 2015! The good thing is that all the descriptions are also in with each section of reviews, so we're getting extra coverage.

You rock! Thank you for doing that!

And the Uber thing sounds great.