How are you lovelies holding up?

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: How are you lovelies holding up?

Post by Atropos » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:11 am

Maya that was beautiful eloquent, and exactly why I LOVE perfume. They speak for me, even when I can't speak for myself. They show the world the real me when I feel invisible. They meld and blend with my skin and it's unique blend of bacteria and protein, my DNA. And like my DNA, it smells unique. When I wear it, it will smell subtly (or extremely) different than when you wear it. It's an intimate experience that most people take for granted.

Forspecial, I agree totally. It is an artform to make perfume. And Fabienne was an artist through and through. I am so thrilled that her art hangs in the hospital. And while she was a brilliant painter, and writer, I'm so glad she decided to channel her creative side in perfumes.You and I have been fans of hers for year, since the beginning of Possets, if I'm remembering correctly.

Minh I love the October 15th day. It's the memorial/wake of my dad too. And i'm using these posts as hugs too.

Marisa viola you are amazing. Thank you for saving our reviews. I do hope her family and her assistants can keep this going, at least so we can buy some of our favorites, if not keeping Possets alive. It won't be the same without her though.

Love you all. :hrt::

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:38 am

Y'all have been saying and thinking and feeling what I've been thinking/feeling. :hrt::

Stumbled across this article. May be a little helpful. Send it to those in your life who just don't get it.
https://www.good.is/features/issue-38-i ... al-friends
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:31 am

In the past few years I have lost 3 of my grandparents and my dad. I have also learned of a lot of deaths around me.
But Fabienne, it's the straw that broke the camel (is this alright? In France we say, la goutte d'eau qui fait déborder le vase).
I'm tired of losing people and Possets has always been a moment a joy, a little bubble of happiness. To loose that in addition to loosing the amazing person that was Fabienne makes me feeling like I miss a part of myself.

forspecial
archangel
archangel

Post by forspecial » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:15 am

Atropos wrote:Maya that was beautiful eloquent, and exactly why I LOVE perfume. They speak for me, even when I can't speak for myself. They show the world the real me when I feel invisible. They meld and blend with my skin and it's unique blend of bacteria and protein, my DNA. And like my DNA, it smells unique. When I wear it, it will smell subtly (or extremely) different than when you wear it. It's an intimate experience that most people take for granted.

Forspecial, I agree totally. It is an artform to make perfume. And Fabienne was an artist through and through. I am so thrilled that her art hangs in the hospital. And while she was a brilliant painter, and writer, I'm so glad she decided to channel her creative side in perfumes.You and I have been fans of hers for year, since the beginning of Possets, if I'm remembering correctly.

Minh I love the October 15th day. It's the memorial/wake of my dad too. And i'm using these posts as hugs too.

Marisa viola you are amazing. Thank you for saving our reviews. I do hope her family and her assistants can keep this going, at least so we can buy some of our favorites, if not keeping Possets alive. It won't be the same without her though.

Love you all. :hrt::
Yes - we've been around for a while! : )

My first experience with Possets was in 2006 I think. I wanted Void Moon, but it was already taken down from the Possets site I think. Somehow I got in touch with Fabienne and let her know I was in Cincinnati. She invited me to her studio which was in a different building at the time.

The Pendleton art center is a big old building in downtown Cincinnati, an area we call Over-the-Rhine, I don't know how it got that name but there is lots of historic German inspired architecture. The Pendleton is about 10 floors of artists' studios. This is where Fabienne started Possets, I guess she used to paint there. They have a monthly "Final Friday" event, where the public can come in and most of the studios are open, with art for sale. It's a lot of fun.

So this was my first visit there - Fabienne met me and took me up the old elevator - which has a person operating it and no door on it, kind of a small freight elevator. Long story short - she sold me bottles of Void Moon and Ribbands, and didn't have labels for them, so she wrote and drew little pictures on the labels. I still have them and cherish them now. I also got to try all her other scents at the time, and really liked them, especially Cadmium Red.

I visited there a few more times, I remember going to Final Friday with Moonarcana and visiting Fabienne. So much fun. :hrt::

puck_nc
principalities
principalities

Post by puck_nc » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Thank you for this thread.

Like everyone else, I was stunned to hear that Fabienne had passed. I knew the shop was on hiatus and all and I hadn't ordered anything in some time. Reading about her death had me in tears, remembering all the wonderful interactions on the original Possets forum and then here, the lovely notes on the packing slips, and the joy when she took our suggestions and ran with them. I will be wearing my Possets all month long, including the 15th.

We will miss you, Fabienne. You enriched our lives in so many ways.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:33 am

mina wrote:In the past few years I have lost 3 of my grandparents and my dad. I have also learned of a lot of deaths around me.
But Fabienne, it's the straw that broke the camel (is this alright? In France we say, la goutte d'eau qui fait déborder le vase).
I'm tired of losing people and Possets has always been a moment a joy, a little bubble of happiness. To loose that in addition to loosing the amazing person that was Fabienne makes me feeling like I miss a part of myself.

Yes, Minh, you got the phrase exactly right. And my heart goes out to you for all your losses so close together. I know how you feel. I haven't had as many but two so close together, and so important. It makes one reel. One day at a time, dear one, just one day at a time.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:29 pm

Forspecial, I loved your telling us about her first studio. I remember her describing it once. I had forgotten about it. That was a blast from the past. We've been with her for a long time. I remember her fairs at the local health food store that sold her perfumes. I'm also wondering if we need to let Magical Omaha know she passed. There was a custom perfume created just for them by Fabienne.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:31 pm

Boudicca, thank you for that article!

samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:36 pm

I have a honey jar I keep all my little samples in. I just sorted out the Possets to keep separately. There were way more than the others anyway because Possets are my absolute favourites. Have been smelling them and bringing back lovely memories. Fabienne was always so generous with them.We truly have lost one of the best of the best but so glad we have something tangible to remember Fabienne by. She will always be missed. I put Sorrow on. It seemed appropriate. I couldn't make one decent perfume she was a true master.

lily

Post by lily » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Hello,

Have never posted here before but wanted to say how very sad I was to read that Fabienne had passed. I didn't regularly read the forum or blog, and was so shocked to see the news. I had always guessed her age to be around 35 for some reason...I so hope she knew how much joy she brought with Possets. 'Bottled happiness' described it perfectly.