Fabienne's Memorial Day Oct 15

Want to talk about just about anything? Start a topic here.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Fabienne's Memorial Day Oct 15

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi lovlies,

Julia Arcana and FB folks are planning to wear a Possets on Oct 15, the day of the Celebration of Life for Fabienne. We (Possets' fans) are scattered everywhere on social media (this forum, FB, BPAL OCYL thread, that reddit thing IMMA?? I just found out about and goodness knows where else.

Here is the FB link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndiePe ... 298516639/

(I'm Siri Prem Kaur on FB)

ETA Also, this is the Other Companies You Love thread from BPAL Forum. http://www.bpal.org/topic/83803-other-p ... try2647361

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Fabienne's Memorial Day Oct 15

Post by Atropos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:40 pm

That's the day we're having my Dad's memorial/wake, how appropriate. I'll have to decide which one to wear. Maybe Gypsy Grave?

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi, Minh,

Thank you for these links and setting up the memorial topic. I have it on my calendar and am definitely wearing a Posset or more each day in her memory. That is so lovely that Julia at Arcana and the FB group at the indie perfume group are choosing to do that in for Fabienne. I'm not sure yet what I will wear on the 15th, but in the meantime have worn a number of them. I wore Polaris on the day of the hurricane (Saturday) and Dies Irae that night, which felt right. Since then today I have been wearing Prestidigitazione for the first time ever--I had a sample of it.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:14 pm

This date keeps ticking down in my head and I keep trying to think about what perfume I will wear. I have been going into some of my older Possets (some I've never worn) and keep wanting to run here to do reviews, and then it catches me all over again.

I keep waffling between a classic Silver Lilies or Silver Violets or something Halloween. It's still very hard for me to know how much she loved putting out Halloween scents and that there will be no more.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:26 pm

I've been into the Silvers, too, Maya. Presently wearing Silver Sandalwood. I went through an entire bottle of that a few years ago and just reordered it this summer. Maya, both you and Marisaviola mentioned trying things you haven't yet. I have a box of poppets that still have not been sniffed. Sigh. Atropos, wow -that the 15 is also your dad's wake/celebration of life. Gypsy Grave is a pretty one.

Yes, I was happy to see Fabienne recognized by Julia, NAVA and read also the many tributes to her around and abiut the forums/fb.

For the 15, I will probably go with Shal Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Hi, Minh Scent,
I checked online under FB for NAVA and also on their website but could not find the tribute...I wondered if you might be willing to post any new links for forum tributes that you find, would love to read them. I checked Fragrantica last week but could not find anything.

Thank you so much! :rose4u:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Going through the 2013 reviews today, I came across this for the Poetry Summer collection:
A Haiku-Christenson Chrysanthemum

Possets' description: "A silver musk (which is one of the most special ingredients I have) combines with an essence I think of a chrysanthemum, a smooth and uncharacteristic white musk rounds it all out. Delightful. Light yet lasting, very refreshing."

HAIKU (Gordon Christenson-United States of America)

The chrysanthemums bloomed in June
They were small, hopeful blooms
But once is almost too much
Even for a chrysanthemum.

Written by my husband, I love the gentle surprise of his haiku. A silver musk (which is one of the most special ingredients I have) combines with an essence I think of a chrysanthemum, a smooth and uncharacteristic white musk rounds it all out. Delightful. Light yet lasting, very refreshing.
(copyright Gordon A. Christenson)

I thought about sharing on her guest book but didn't know how her family would feel about that. I love that her husband Gordon wrote the haiku and how she turned that into a scent. Originally part of the "Six Haiku" vial series which apparently got turned into a full bottle collection due to popular request. To read the thread on the Haiku collection, click here: A Collection of Six Haiku
http://www.possets.com/talking/viewtopi ... 3&start=10

Today I am wearing Possets Altair from the Night Sky collection of 2014 in Fabienne's honor.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:36 pm

marisaviola wrote:Hi, Minh Scent,
I checked online under FB for NAVA and also on their website but could not find the tribute...I wondered if you might be willing to post any new links for forum tributes that you find, would love to read them. I checked Fragrantica last week but could not find anything.

Thank you so much! :rose4u:
Hey marisaviola!
I'm also having a a hard time finding things that I've read... too many places stuff was posted?
This
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 1520300247
should take you to the post on Fabienne's FB page that kind of started it.

Going to wear Howl tomorrow cuz 1) it's my all time favorite 2) I feel like Howling.
Now I wish Howl hadn't been voted into the CG because had it not I would have got a back up! I figured I was good and could get another bottle pretty much anytime. I know, I know. #middleclasswhitegirlproblems

Wore The Whirlwind of Lust today. Halloween 2013 -- wow! has it been that long?
Wearing Possets for the rest of the month with maybe a focus on Halloween scents. I should wear more of them in October. Weird how some of them I can only wear certain times of the year... and it has nothing to do with temperature/humidity or whatever.

Anyway. I'm rambling. Will be thinking thinking of Fabienne (obviously) but also of all y'all in our in Possets forum/world/community tomorrow.

:hrt:: :catpump:
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Thank you, Boudicca!

I haven't decided what to wear yet for tomorrow--I think I'll know in the morning. Maybe we can all touch base on the forum tomorrow as we feel like it and have time, to remember something personal that meant something to us about Fabienne. I know we've already said a lot already, but I suspect a lot of us have small personal touches from her that meant a lot.

I think Howl is a great one--one that always to me seemed so uniquely Fabienne! I wish I had not given away my sample and had tried it again. I've had similar "kick myself" moments over a number of her permanent collection.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:17 am

I haven't been online enough to post but I've definitely had fabienne and the beautiful people here on my mind.

I wore Shah jahan the other day and was again blown away by its beauty.

Going to play it by ear tomorrow, but my choice currently leans towards ladyhawke.

Miss you, fabienne! Thank you for sharing yourself through your bottles of liquid happiness. You've left a most beautiful legacy behind.